Likewise helps you easily discover and share great recommendations for movies, TV shows, books, and podcasts. Find what to watch and where to watch it, plus interesting things to read and listen to.
Likewise learns from what you like to make smarter recommendations. Cut through the clutter and find movies, tv shows, books and podcasts that you'll love.
- Personalized to your distinct tastes, Likewise learns from what you like to give you smarter recommendations.
- Daily recommendations just for you. Receive fresh recommendations every day you log in to the Likewise app.
- Find what you want, fast. Search through the sea of streaming content in one convenient place. Filter by streaming service, genre, and more.
- Love lists? We do too. Our easy-to-use list feature helps you keep track of everything you're interested in!
- A community of content enthusiasts. Connect with like-minded people to give and get great recommendations. Use hashtags to find and build communities around your favorite things!
- All recommendations are sourced by real people. No paid placements. No ads. Just great recommendations.
For both beginners and experts:
- Great for beginners. Curious about podcasts but you're not sure where to start? Wish it were easier to find something to read? Likewise is for you.
- Great for niche interests. From Sci-Fi fans to Rom-Com connoisseurs—Likewise's comprehensive library has something for everyone.
Recommendations for Movies, Shows, Books, and More:
- Movie and TV Show recommendations - Find what to watch and where to watch it. Create watchlists across all your streaming platforms (Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, HBO, and more).
- Book and podcast recommendations - Find interesting stuff to read and listen to.
We love hearing from you! If you have questions or suggestions tap the in-app feedback button or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seen it, read it, or heard it? Let us know with the tap of a button. With every thumbs up or down, Likewise will learn your interests and provide even better, more personalized recommendations.
New Improved discussion around Asks, Lists, TV & Movies, Books, and Podcasts!
Performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Easy, intuitive, and truly useful
A stellar app. It’s intuitive, easy to navigate, rewards consistent use, and fills a niche I’m not sure I knew existed. I love the ease of use and the instantaneous feedback from the community. My only critiques of the app as it is are:
• I wish rank was more transparent. I’d like to easily see what my rank is, how far I have to go to the next, and what ranks exist beyond my current one. I’d also like to know what, if anything, my ranking means beyond simply showing that I’ve made a lot of recommendations.
• I wish searches had less redundancy. There are often multiple editions of a book listed in a search, particularly with older works. Having singular instances of books would be a quality of life improvement.
More than anything, I’m hoping to see new features added. Movies+TV, books, and podcasts make up a good chunk of media consumption, but I’d love to see sections for games and music, as well. I’d also love to see the restaurants section get on par with the media sections: it’s the weakest part of the app right now, and I can’t wait to see it made as good as the other parts.
Hit or Miss
Some of the features on this app are pretty good. I especially like the option to ask specific questions and get recommendations from other users. But when it comes to the “today” page, it’s a complete hit or miss. Some days they’ll only show me 3 or 4 movies, and none of them will be even close to things I like (which is super frustrating because you have to wait a full 24 hours for new ones.) But other days I’ll get 6 or 7 that are great. It’s also annoying that they ask me to choose from podcasts every day, even though I clearly don’t like podcasts, as I haven’t saved a single one. Yet they will show me literally zero books, even though I have multiple lists full of novels. Basically, the user recommendation feature is great, but the algorithm is mediocre at best.
Beyond that, this app also just has a bunch of little problems that altogether make it annoying to use. The biggest one is that if your post exceeds a certain character limit, it just shows a “...” but there’s no way to view the full thing. You also can’t comment on a move or book unless you’ve liked it, and it sometimes crashes. It’s also pretty stupid that they mark it as 12+ but if you aren’t at least 13 you can’t even make an account, this didn’t effect me but it did effect my brother and that’s just dumb. Among other smaller problems. Just needs some updating for sure.
I love this app
Honestly, I’m a movie buff and love re-watching the same movies with new perspectives. Sometimes it's hard to remember all of my favorite movies or tv shows. I use this app to save shows that I've watched, want to watch, or rewatch. I love the grouping of recommendations based on your saves, for example, “my favorite comedy shows and movies.” I tend to do this on my own time, but I think it could go further, like when I'm in the mood for empowering movies with a strong female lead in business. It could, for example, recommend The Devil Wears Prada and The Intern, two of my favorites. Or if I want to watch movies based in Paris, it could group recommend Pixar's Ratatouille with another Paris-based movie. Or even groupings based on classic chick flicks. I understand this would take a lot more time, and you would probably would to have someone physically creating collections, as opposed to Ai like I think it is now. But hey, if you're interested in I’m all on board. Overall I love this app. It’s free, and if you watch movies or tv shows, I don’t see any reason not to use it!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Likewise, Inc.
- 359.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2020 Likewise, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.