This application allows you to explore, and learn more about the Limes in Germany, part of the Frontiers of the Roman Empire World Heritage Site. The Upper-German Raetian Limes with a length of 550 km is the second longest archaeological monument, just after the Chinese Wall. Today, more than 100 forts and fortlets, 900 watchtowers and a continuous barrier have been discovered. Download the app and experience 360° virtual reconstructions, ‘handle’ 3D models of artefacts, and explore the sites along the Limes - even from your armchair!
* Explore the Limes in the landscape
* GPS navigation with alert for nearby points of interest
* Discover and ‘handle’ 3D objects and models
* View 360° virtual reconstructions
* Augmented Reality: view POIs in the landscape through the camera module, alternative navigation, 2D image recognition for certain POIs
* Download maps and contents to your phone for easy offline usage
* Automatic updates as new sites and content are added
* connect sites and museums
The zoomable OSM map data (© OpenStreetMap) provides easy access to the content. Both maps and content are available offline (internet connection is not mandatory). Clickable Points Of Interest on the maps start the content on request. 3D models, AR features, 360 views, video and audio sequences as well as text-/picture information are provided. An integrated GPS navigation with an alert guides you to the sites. An alternative list view shows you the available content.
Currently content is available for the Limes in Bavaria. Subsequently more sites along the line of the Limes will be added.
The project is co-funded by the Creative Europe programme.
Project partners are:
* Historic Environment Scotland (Scotland)
* Landesstelle für nichtstaatliche Museen in Bavaria (Bavaria)
* CDDV – Centre for Digital Documentation and Visualisation (Scotland)
* edufilm und medien GmbH (Austria)
Thanks go to:
*Bayerische Sparkassenstiftung (the Bavarian Savings Bank Foundation) for funding the original app platform.
The application is available for free.
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.