Draw and take notes with ease.
Linea Sketch gives you the right balance of power and control to capture thoughts and ideas effortlessly. The focus stays where it belongs: on your creations, not on the tools.
Why Linea Sketch?
⁕ Minimal UI - Every control is designed to stay out of your way until you need it. Linea's elegant interface puts the focus on your creations.
⁕ Easy Colors - Choose from a wide range of pre-defined colors, or create your own with a single tap. Autogenerated tints & shades save time and effort.
⁕ Elegant Layers - Simplified set of layers that can be easily rearranged, merged, locked, or adjusted. Use the file browser and photo library to import images for reference and tracing.
⁕ ZipShapes & ZipLines - Simply hold still for a moment after drawing a line, rough square, circle, or triangle and ZipShape automatically creates a perfect version for you. You can then adjust final size, placement, and corner radius.
⁕ Move / Transform - Lasso part of your sketch, then move, rotate, flip, or resize. Transform one or more layers quickly & easily.
⁕ Watercolor Brush - Create rustic & artistic effects by painting with organic pigment in three modes: Simple, Wet, and Cloud.
⁕ Annotations - Add labels, notes, and callouts to your sketches using iOS Scribble or a keyboard. Fonts, colors, placement, and more can be adjusted effortlessly.
⁕ Time-Lapse - Record your creative process as you sketch! Save a video of the result as either a compressed 30 second clip or a full length movie.
⁕ Grids & Templates - A wide range of traditional grids, 3D isometric lines, storyboards, and templates for iOS screen or icon design.
⁕ Universal App - Linea Sketch is a universal app for iPad and iPhone. Your sketches seamlessly sync via iCloud to all of your devices, wherever you go.
What do you get?
• Technical Pencil - Hard lead, thin lines
• Art Pencil - Soft lead, thick lines
• Felt Tip Pen - Thin solid lines that vary in opacity
• Marker - Fat solid lines
• Watercolor Brush - Paint with organic, artistic pigment
• Fill - Roll out wide areas of color or tap to flood fill
• Blend - Smudge or soften strokes
• Eraser - Clean up with your finger or Pencil
• Pencil Plus! - Create additional effects using Apple Pencil pressure and tilt
• Always on-screen & easily available
• Tints and shades are automatically generated in six variations
• 11 predefined color sets for various types of drawing
• Create custom colors for branding and consistency
• Drag & drop color swatches with other apps
• Five flexible layers that can be dragged, merged, or cleared
• Import any image from Files, Photo Library, or clipboard
• Lockable to prevent accidental changes
• Adjust opacity or double tap to toggle visibility on/off
• Traditional grids displayed with lines & dots
• Hexagonal, circular, and isometric (3D) grids
• Notepads, to-do lists, and sheet music
• App user interface and icon design
• Storyboards in 16:9, 1.85:1, and 2.35:1 ratios
• Adjustable intensity and can be hidden quickly
Backgrounds & Paper Textures:
• White Bond, Butcher’s Paper, Black Construction, Blueprint & many more
• Adjustable custom background colors
• Paper grain can be toggled on or off
• Save as PNG, JPEG, PSD, and PDF
• Save entire sketch or crop a portion
• Export to Slack, Dropbox, AirDrop & more
• Presentation Mode shows just the canvas via AirPlay - perfect for classrooms
• Organize drawings in project folders
• Share, rename, or move drawings within projects
• Thumbnail previews of drawings save time
• Export PDF of entire project
• Two-finger tap for Undo, three-finger tap for Redo
• Pinch to zoom and rotate canvas
• Tap Compass to lock, flip, or reset your canvas
• Supports portrait & landscape orientations
• Supports split screen and drag & drop
Terms and Conditions: https://linea-app.com/terms
Use Annotations to add text to your sketches, paint organically with a Watercolor Brush, lock layers to protect your drawing, and enjoy enhancements for all tools!
• Annotations: Add simple text labels and notes to your sketches
- Tap the "Aa" icon to enter Annotation mode, then on the sketch to create a label
- Edit Annotations with iOS Scribble or tap with a finger to use the keyboard
- Choose from a variety of fonts & save your favorite as a Canvas Default
- Easily adjust Annotation text alignment, color, rotation, and size
- Merge Annotations to a layer to add additional effects
• Watercolor Brush: Paint and fill your sketch with organic pigment
- Three brush sizes that vary with pressure of Apple Pencil
- Choose between three modes:
- Simple - Textured, painterly strokes
- Wet - Watery strokes with pooled pigment at edges
- Cloud - Textured splats & speckles for skies, landscapes, or backgrounds
• Lockable Layers: Prevent changes and secure your work
- Tap on lock icon in Layer palette to lock or unlock
- Locked layers cannot be edited, merged, or selected with the lasso
- Layers can still be rearranged, toggled, and sampled with the eyedropper
- Compatibility with iOS and iPadOS 15
- Updated tool palettes for the new iPad mini
- New video tutorials: Settings > More Linea Sketch Tips
• Tools & Backgrounds:
- New Cotton paper background
- New larger tool sizes for the Technical Pencil, Art Pencil, and Marker
- Improved paging for additional brush sizes
- Reorganize custom color chips by tapping, holding, then dragging
- Drag colors from other apps (like Pastel) into Linea's custom color sets
• ZipShape Radius Control:
- Adjust the corner radius of square or rectangular ZipShapes
- Change all four corners simultaneously with a tap on any green control
- Tap and hold on a green control to adjust a single corner
• Information Bezel & Transforms:
- Bezel is now easier to read when transforming selections or ZipShapes
- Corner radii displayed for ZipShape rectangles & squares
- Element being adjusted is highlighted in the bezel
- Transforms snap to sizes (100%, 200%, etc.) & aspect ratios (1:1, 3:4, 2:1, etc.)
- QuickToggle for snapping: hold down finger while dragging with Apple Pencil
- Exported time-lapse movies now hold the final frame for five seconds
- Improvements to time-lapse reliability and playback
- iPhone can now export 30 second clips
• Time-lapse movies can now be exported even after recording is toggled off
• Fixed appearance of eyedropper icon in Recent Colors
• Help & feature videos no longer stop music from playing
Ratings and Reviews
Great for Notes
I initially downloaded the app when it was released as it had been reviewed so well for notes and sketch noting. I’m not much of an artist, just a napkin sketcher and this app makes it fun to just sit and sketch for a while. I primarily use it for notes and brainstorming as I don’t retain much when I try to type notes. This app has always been great for that, and the 2.0 update was a surprise to me and added so many great updates such as the select tool, split screen (great for notes) and the portrait orientation. If I could request one addition it would be the ability to export to .pdf. I have to figure out a workaround currently to get my notes to PDFs and it would be great to have that feature inbuilt.
All in all, this is an enjoyable app to use, simple yet functional. I have recommended to many others and would purchase again in a heartbeat.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great feedback about Linea Sketch, it's appreciated. True PDF support is on the list for the future but there is a work around for this now that you can use to export to PDF in the meantime. When you go to export your drawing select the option that lets you send the file to your printer. Then pinch-out on the screen and you'll see options that will allow you to save as a PDF. Hope this helps!
Ill-thought subscription model
While I enjoyed using this app for its straightforward user interface and tools, I’ve decided to jump ship after the recent announcement that the app is changing to a subscription model. To add insult to injury, customers who bought the app in 2018 (I got it in late 2018) or earlier will lose access to the app they paid for without either a refund, grandfathering or a free year. I started using Linea as a replacement for 53 Paper, though at least Paper’s developers had the decency to allow previous customers to reclaim their purchase without adding yet another sub. Why these people feel it’s acceptable to rent art tools, I don’t know. I deleted the app, since I won’t qualify for any discounts and refuse to support this business model. If it were part of Apple Arcade, something required for work, or a continually developing service, I’d do it, but it isn’t. The sub price is low, but it’s the principle that counts.
I feel like a victim of a bait and switch. At least let us use what we’ve paid for!
Best painting app on the App Store! But could improve substantially still!
This app is very simple and reliable, it is particularly similar to that of Microsoft Paint. But there is one issue that I’ve noticed when using this app. When creating my drawing especially outlining drawing, I tend to notice that the boldness of the drawing tends to bolden by itself without modifying the cursor size. I have especially noticed this when re-arranging/re-sizing and positioning outlined drawings, the outline sometimes tends to look thicker than the other drawings. Also when using the color fill-in option, the colors don’t fully fill in every corner or the color fill has some color errors. Perhaps the developer should make the color fill-in option more precise and refined. Other than that, this app is awesome.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the wonderful review, we really appreciate it. A text tool is on the list to consider for future features so we'll put a +1 in that column from you. Enjoy using Linea Sketch!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Iconfactory
- 102.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 The Iconfactory, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Linea Monthly Subscription $0.99
- Linea Yearly Subscription $9.99
- Linea Full Purchase $29.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.