Draw and take notes with ease.
Linea Sketch gives you the right balance of power and control to capture thoughts and ideas effortlessly. The focus stays where it belongs: on your creations, not on the tools.
Why Linea Sketch?
⁕ Minimal UI - Every control is designed to stay out of your way until you need it. Linea's elegant interface puts the focus on your creations.
⁕ Easy Colors - Choose from a wide range of pre-defined colors, or create your own with a single tap. Autogenerated tints & shades save time and effort.
⁕ Elegant Layers - Simplified set of layers that can be easily rearranged, merged, locked, or adjusted. Use the file browser and photo library to import images for reference and tracing.
⁕ ZipShapes & ZipLines - Simply hold still for a moment after drawing a line, rough square, circle, or triangle and ZipShape automatically creates a perfect version for you. You can then adjust final size, placement, and corner radius.
⁕ Move / Transform - Lasso part of your sketch, then move, rotate, flip, or resize. Transform one or more layers quickly & easily.
⁕ Watercolor Brush - Create rustic & artistic effects by painting with organic pigment in three modes: Simple, Wet, and Cloud.
⁕ Annotations - Add labels, notes, and callouts to your sketches using iOS Scribble or a keyboard. Fonts, colors, placement, and more can be adjusted effortlessly.
⁕ Time-Lapse - Record your creative process as you sketch! Save a video of the result as either a compressed 30 second clip or a full length movie.
⁕ Grids & Templates - A wide range of traditional grids, 3D isometric lines, storyboards, and templates for iOS screen or icon design.
⁕ Universal App - Linea Sketch is a universal app for iPad and iPhone. Your sketches seamlessly sync via iCloud to all of your devices, wherever you go.
What do you get?
• Technical Pencil - Hard lead, thin lines
• Art Pencil - Soft lead, thick lines
• Felt Tip Pen - Thin solid lines that vary in opacity
• Marker - Fat solid lines
• Watercolor Brush - Paint with organic, artistic pigment
• Fill - Roll out wide areas of color or tap to flood fill
• Blend - Smudge or soften strokes
• Eraser - Clean up with your finger or Pencil
• Pencil Plus! - Create additional effects using Apple Pencil pressure and tilt
• Always on-screen & easily available
• Tints and shades are automatically generated in six variations
• 11 predefined color sets for various types of drawing
• Create custom colors for branding and consistency
• Drag & drop color swatches with other apps
• Five flexible layers that can be dragged, merged, or cleared
• Import any image from Files, Photo Library, or clipboard
• Lockable to prevent accidental changes
• Adjust opacity or double tap to toggle visibility on/off
• Traditional grids displayed with lines & dots
• Hexagonal, circular, and isometric (3D) grids
• Notepads, to-do lists, and sheet music
• App user interface and icon design
• Storyboards in 16:9, 1.85:1, and 2.35:1 ratios
• Adjustable intensity and can be hidden quickly
Backgrounds & Paper Textures:
• White Bond, Butcher’s Paper, Black Construction, Blueprint & many more
• Adjustable custom background colors
• Paper grain can be toggled on or off
• Save as PNG, JPEG, PSD, and PDF
• Save entire sketch or crop a portion
• Export to Slack, Dropbox, AirDrop & more
• Presentation Mode shows just the canvas via AirPlay - perfect for classrooms
• Organize drawings in project folders
• Share, rename, or move drawings within projects
• Thumbnail previews of drawings save time
• Export PDF of entire project
• Two-finger tap for Undo, three-finger tap for Redo
• Pinch to zoom and rotate canvas
• Tap Compass to lock, flip, or reset your canvas
• Supports portrait & landscape orientations
• Supports split screen and drag & drop
Terms and Conditions: https://linea-app.com/terms
Fixed a critical bug that caused some sketches to fail to save properly and fixed a small memory issue with time-lapse movies.
• Fixed a critical bug that prevented sketches from autosaving under certain circumstances, causing potential loss of work
• Fixed a small memory leak that occurred while time-lapse movies were being generated in the background
Ratings and Reviews
Great for Notes
I initially downloaded the app when it was released as it had been reviewed so well for notes and sketch noting. I’m not much of an artist, just a napkin sketcher and this app makes it fun to just sit and sketch for a while. I primarily use it for notes and brainstorming as I don’t retain much when I try to type notes. This app has always been great for that, and the 2.0 update was a surprise to me and added so many great updates such as the select tool, split screen (great for notes) and the portrait orientation. If I could request one addition it would be the ability to export to .pdf. I have to figure out a workaround currently to get my notes to PDFs and it would be great to have that feature inbuilt.
All in all, this is an enjoyable app to use, simple yet functional. I have recommended to many others and would purchase again in a heartbeat.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great feedback about Linea Sketch, it's appreciated. True PDF support is on the list for the future but there is a work around for this now that you can use to export to PDF in the meantime. When you go to export your drawing select the option that lets you send the file to your printer. Then pinch-out on the screen and you'll see options that will allow you to save as a PDF. Hope this helps!
Still my go to drawing app
This is and will always be my favorite drawing app. I do almost all of my client work in here because it just works the way I expect it to. I forget that I am using an app because it just feels so much like a real sketchbook. over half of my client work is completed using this app because the output matches my style so well. not to mention the addition of layer masking has eliminated the few pain points that I still had with the app. if you’re not using this as an artist my only question is why not??
I am an artist and illustrator and I find that no matter how many different drawing apps I try I always come back to this one. The pencil and blender brush are great and the fact that they finally added text and a watercolor brush make it indispensable for me as an artist. I know subscription fatigue is real but if I really like the app supporting it’s development is ok by me. And it’s is only 99 cents a month … most people spend more on a cup of coffee daily. I know this is an overly glowing review but it truly is one of my favorites.
Needs more features.
I downloaded this app because on the web it said that this was an easier version of procreate. It is easier, but there are lots of things that this app needs to have or change. 1: More brushes. There are only like 7 or 8 brushes and that is not enough at least in my opinion. At least put a tab where you can import brushes or make your own. 2: Change canvas color feature. I made an outline with white (because that was the color i needed to draw ripped jeans) and I couldn’t see it AT ALL. I just need a tool that says “change canvas color” so i could change it without having to start COMPLETELY OVER. 3: Change the premium. If you ask me, I would only put “More brushes” and “Import brushes” into the premium. WHY DO YOU HAVE THE TEXT OPTION IN PREMIUM??? The pictures/videos that you make to advertise are just casually using the text feature without saying it’s premium??? I can literally just take a screenshot, import it into ibisPaint and add text for FREE.
Please add these thing to your app.
Sincerely, someone who wants to use the text feature 😒
Developer Response ,
One of Linea's most important features is its simplicity. We're not trying to be Procreate so if you need lots of options for brushes, Linea isn't going to do what you need and Procreate is great. We've included a basic tool set that lets you sketch and concept quickly and without fiddling with brush options and controls, and that's what we're shooting for. Hope you can understand.
You can change the canvas color at will at any time. Tap the bottom icon in the layers palette (background) and then select custom background from the list to pick a custom color for the canvas. Hopefully this helps, we appreciate the feedback!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Iconfactory
- 92.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 The Iconfactory, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Linea Monthly Subscription $0.99
- Linea Yearly Subscription $9.99
- Linea Full Purchase $29.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.