Linea Sketch gives you the right balance of power and control to capture your thoughts and ideas effortlessly. The focus stays where it belongs: on your creations, not on the tools.
What People Are Saying:
⁕ The best possible sketching experience whether you are drawing, prototyping an app interface, storyboarding, taking notes, or something else. - MacStories
⁕ The color swatch in Linea is fantastic...It fits a spectrum of color options into a very compact space. - 9 to 5 Mac
⁕ Linea is approachable for all – and will quite likely prove to be useful and enjoyable by all. - SlashGear
Why Linea Sketch?
• Easy Colors - Choose from a wide range of pre-defined colors, or customize colors with a single tap. Auto generated tints & shades saves time and effort.
• Minimal UI - Every control is designed to stay out of your way until you need it. Linea Sketch’s elegant interface puts the focus on your creations.
• Move / Transform - Lasso part of your sketch, move it, rotate it, resize it. Transform your creations quickly & easily.
• Elegant Layers - Simplified set of layers that can be easily rearranged, merged & adjusted. Import images for reference or to trace on top of from Files, Dropbox & more.
• ZipLine - An intuitive way to make straight lines and polygons. Draw a line and hold at the end to automatically straighten it. Tap & hold to connect ZipLines to form polygons.
• Grids & Templates - A wide range of traditional grids, 3D isometric lines, storyboards, and templates for iOS screen or icon design.
• Flexible Exporting - Export your work as a layered Photoshop document, transparent PNG, and more. Export entire drawings or cropped portions to a range of services including Slack and Dropbox.
• Touch Eraser - Ever used your finger to erase a whiteboard? Linea Sketch lets you wipe the screen with your finger to correct mistakes and your hands stay clean!
• iCloud Sync - Automatically keeps all of your sketches & projects up-to-date across all of your devices.
Complete Feature Set:
• Technical Pencil - Hard lead, thin lines. Pressure sensitive.
• Classic Pencil - Soft lead, thick lines. Pressure sensitive.
• Felt Tip Pen - Thin solid lines that vary in opacity with pressure
• Wide Tip Marker - Fat solid lines that vary with pressure
• Eraser - Clean up your work with a finger touch or pressure sensitivity
• Tilted Rendering - Each tool works differently when an Apple Pencil is used flat against the screen.
• Always on-screen & easily available
• 2 banks of pre-defined colors + 6 tints & shades each
• Auto-generation of tints and shades
• Drag & drop color swatches into Linea Sketch from other apps
• Creation of custom color sets
• Hue/Saturation adjustments
• 5 flexible layers
• Easily merge & clear
• Import images from Files, Dropbox & more to reference
• Drag & drop to rearrange
• Opacity adjustment
Grids & Templates:
• Notepads with wide & narrow rules in both portrait & landscape
• App user interface and icon design templates
• Traditional grids in lines & dots
• Storyboards in 16:9, 1.85:1, and 2.35:1 ratios
• 3D isometric grid
• Hexagonal graph paper
Backgrounds & Paper Textures:
• Turn paper texture on/off
• Paper grain
• Butcher’s paper
• Black construction
• Gray Bristol
• Save as layered Photoshop PSD, transparent PNG, or flattened JPEG
• Save all or just a portion of each drawing
• iOS Share sheet support
• Export to Slack, Dropbox, AirDrop & more
• Presentation Mode to video out or AirPlay to Apple TV
• Organize drawings in project folders
• Share, rename, move and remove drawings / projects
• Two-finger tap for quick Undo
• Three-finger tap for Redo
• Compass shows which way is up
• Tap Compass to lock, flip, or reset
• Long-press the Compass to reset
• Supports split screen & drag and drop
Terms and Conditions: https://linea-app.com/terms
New universal app for iPad & iPhone, record your creative process with Time-Lapse, QuickToggle options when drawing, new app themes, adjustable template intensity & more.
NOTE: Linea Sketch v3 is now a free download. Subscribing removes banners, periodic reminders to support development and watermarks on exported artwork. Customers who purchased Linea Sketch v2 in 2019-20 get one year free!
• Universal app for iPad & iPhone
• Time-Lapse: Record your creative process as a time-lapse movie as you sketch!
- Access Time-Lapse settings & playback via (...) > Present Sketch menu
- Export a compressed 30 second version or full length
- Export the entire canvas as a Time-Lapse or just a portion via Crop & Export
- Pause and re-start Time-Lapse recording at any time
- Sketches containing Time-Lapses are badged in the Project View for reference
- Option to turn off Time-Lapse (saves storage space) for new sketches in Settings
• QuickToggle: Put a finger down while drawing on iPad for additional control
- ZipLine snapping - ZipLines temporarily snap to isometric & oblique angles
- Pencil tilt - Temporarily turn off tilt when sketching with the pencil tools
• Custom background colors
- Choose a custom color to use as a canvas background
- Select custom colors via the picker, recently used or hex values
- Toggle paper texture on / off to apply over your custom color
• App themes and alternate home screen icons
- Customize your Linea home screen app icon & interface theme via Settings
• Templates: adjustable intensity (light/medium/strong)
• New checkerboard (transparent) canvas background
• Re-organized & improved Settings panel for clarity
• Fixed an issue that caused lagging when drawing with the Pen Tool
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Ill-thought subscription model
While I enjoyed using this app for its straightforward user interface and tools, I’ve decided to jump ship after the recent announcement that the app is changing to a subscription model. To add insult to injury, customers who bought the app in 2018 (I got it in late 2018) or earlier will lose access to the app they paid for without either a refund, grandfathering or a free year. I started using Linea as a replacement for 53 Paper, though at least Paper’s developers had the decency to allow previous customers to reclaim their purchase without adding yet another sub. Why these people feel it’s acceptable to rent art tools, I don’t know. I deleted the app, since I won’t qualify for any discounts and refuse to support this business model. If it were part of Apple Arcade, something required for work, or a continually developing service, I’d do it, but it isn’t. The sub price is low, but it’s the principle that counts.
I feel like a victim of a bait and switch. At least let us use what we’ve paid for!
Great for Notes
I initially downloaded the app when it was released as it had been reviewed so well for notes and sketch noting. I’m not much of an artist, just a napkin sketcher and this app makes it fun to just sit and sketch for a while. I primarily use it for notes and brainstorming as I don’t retain much when I try to type notes. This app has always been great for that, and the 2.0 update was a surprise to me and added so many great updates such as the select tool, split screen (great for notes) and the portrait orientation. If I could request one addition it would be the ability to export to .pdf. I have to figure out a workaround currently to get my notes to PDFs and it would be great to have that feature inbuilt.
All in all, this is an enjoyable app to use, simple yet functional. I have recommended to many others and would purchase again in a heartbeat.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great feedback about Linea Sketch, it's appreciated. True PDF support is on the list for the future but there is a work around for this now that you can use to export to PDF in the meantime. When you go to export your drawing select the option that lets you send the file to your printer. Then pinch-out on the screen and you'll see options that will allow you to save as a PDF. Hope this helps!
Fraudulent business model, mediocre painting app
The switch to subscription model is a slap in the face for people who previously bought the app (and especially for those who even contributed voluntary tips!). Please, do NOT respond to this review saying that we get a year worth of your subscription because that does not solve the problem: You tricked us into giving you money in exchange for a promise that you broke later on. This should not be legal! You have definitely lost my trust and probably many customers with this unethical move, especially when there are *far superior* one-time-purchase apps like ArtStudio Pro on the market.
Thank you for nothing.
Keep in mind that there are other ways of generating a steady flow of income such as: Locking new features behind individual in-app purchases or requiring users to buy a new full version with a new one time purchase on major releases.
This way users who want the new features can decide to pay for them and those who just want to stick to the features they previously BOUGHT will not lose access to them.
Everyone hates subscriptions and I think most users are so sick of it that they’d be more than happy to pay *significantly higher* prices up front or for one time in app purchases to support an app they love. At the very least you should have offered lifetime access to all current features for people who previously bought the full version of the app instead of just one year.
Developer Response ,
New features don't pay the cost it takes to maintain the app. It also means the app must commit to feature creep to keep updated and with an app like Linea that is the exact opposite of what we want to do. We created the app to be a *simple, easy* way to sketch on the iPad. Not add feature after feature in the hopes of keeping people paying for stuff they don't need. This way they are supporting development to add features where they make sense, and keep the app up and running smoothly to iOS 14 and beyond. The app will continue to work in free trial mode and anyone who bought it in 2019 gets a free year's subscription. Hope that makes sense. Thanks.
- The Iconfactory
- 67 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2020 The Iconfactory
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Subscription $9.99
- Monthly Subscription $0.99
- Linea Sketch $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.