Learn Spanish, French, German, Russian, and English with Lingvist – a hyper-efficient vocabulary builder that uses AI to improve your memory.
- Our AI tests your knowledge so you can start exactly at your level
- Improves your vocabulary quickly using spaced repetition
- Learn practical vocabulary (4,000+ words in general courses and additional words in course focuses)
- Flashcards with example sentences created by language specialists
- Native-sounding virtual voice
- Speech recognition for hands-free learning and pronunciation
- Track and measure your progress
- *NEW* Course Wizard: Make a course just for you (available in French and Spanish)
- Personalized customer support
Learn Spanish Vocabulary (both European and Latin American Spanish available!):
- General course: European Spanish – 5,934 words; Latin American Spanish – 5,000 words
- Course focuses: A Holiday in Spain, Football, Business, Colors, The Human Body, Animals, Fruits, Medical Spanish, The Family, Your Home, Clothes, Travel, and Love
- Create your own Spanish course with Course Wizard!
Learn French Vocabulary:
- General course: 5,093 words
- Course focuses: A Weekend in Paris, Environment, Food, Prepositions, Health, New Technologies, Body Parts, The Family, Hobbies, Feelings and Emotions, The Supernatural, Holidays, The Weather, Debating, and Love
- Create your own French course with Course Wizard!
Learn German Vocabulary:
- General course: 5017 words
- Course focuses: Football (Soccer)
Learn Russian Vocabulary:
- General course: 4,462 words
About Course Wizard:
When you add words or a piece of text to Course Wizard, it intelligently creates a course based on your idea, presenting example sentences and stitching together a tailored vocabulary set. That way, you can learn what interests you immediately – and you can share it with friends too.
Our 40+ linguists, scientists, and developers have combined the latest research in machine learning with our industry-leading language courses. Grow your vocabulary and learn a language faster than ever with Lingvist’s cutting-edge tech. Start learning a language today!
To support users from all over the world, Lingvist is available in 11 different languages: English, eesti, Français, русский, Deutsch, Español, Português, 日本語, 简体中文, and 繁體中文.
A subscription to Lingvist Unlimited will give you unlimited access to all learning features.
Each subscription will be automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current payment period. Your iTunes account will be automatically charged the renewal price during the 24-hour period prior to the end of the current payment period unless you change your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings. When a subscription is canceled, access to the app courses and features will expire at the end of the current payment period.
If you upgrade to a subscription before the trial period is up, your remaining trial time will be forfeited and the subscription time will start at the moment of purchase.
** SOCIAL **
Connect with us on:
- Our blog => http://lingvist.com/blog/
- Twitter => https://twitter.com/lingvist
- YouTube => https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5jFyOo-AN21kh1dB_aL4g
- LinkedIn => https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/3075775/
- Instagram => instagram.com/thelingvist/
- Facebook => https://www.facebook.com/theLingvist
Didn't quite catch that? This version brings you the option to adjust the audio playback speed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Please read, devs
I downloaded Lingvist a few days ago because I have a passion for learning languages, and there are very few resources for learning Estonian out there. I was almost immediately put down from the very limited word and phrase count, after having searched for months on end. From what I’ve heard, Lingvist is an Estonian-made app, and so I can imagine it wouldn’t be very hard to teach a comprehensive Estonian course for English speakers. After thinking about alternatives for a while, finding none, I decided I’d make the most out of what I had. I started learning for a while, but then, I came across a banner saying I had 48 hours until my trial ended. What? I understand that you need to tax people for your blood sweat and tears while making this app, but you’re cutting off my lifeline to a slowly dying language that I would expect you (developers) would want to revive like the Duolingo-Irish relationship. You have no idea how sad I was to think that there was no way I could look back at the words I learned in 48 hours and many more disappointments. Please, I’m completely fine with you being no better than the crap Rosetta Stone pulls on the world, simultaneously lowering potential for attracting users, but PLEASE, save Estonian !!!
I very rarely leave reviews, in fact this is probably the second or third review I have left since I first got an apple device years ago, but I wanted other people int he app store to know that this app is extremely helpful, especially used in conjunction with a few other key apps like ‘pronounce’ and ‘lingq’. Together, all of these utilize multiple aspects of the language learning process to help you learn and retain the information. This app specifically is my favorite though, in just two session of about 20 minutes a piece, I have already seen a drastic improvement in my vocabulary retention. Even further, this app helps you with word forms, grammar and even explains some concepts that would be confusing to a new learner. The only thing I wish this app would include is the ability to utilize the enhanced siri/speech voices (like the ‘pronounce’ app does); utilizing the enhanced voices makes listening comprehension a lot easier, but either way, this app is absolutely amazing and an indispensable supplement for second language acquisition.
Nice, minimal language learning app
I’m between a high 3 and a 4.
It’s a beautiful, simple to use language learning app with a minimal interface that allows me to focus on the content. I love that aspect. The current release does has somewhat ugly grey shading over the action buttons which were not there before. Seems like an error to me?
I also love the new slow Spanish news addition!
Top request of mine:
The ability to turn off the word length visibility on each card sentence. This was very helpful in the beginning but now I’m seeing I can almost guess the word based on the length alone. Removing that visual hint would give me a better challenge at this stage. This would make it a 5 star app for me.
The progression is well paced, though I do see occasional “bursts” of new words which inevitably I trip up on in following days. Maybe those could be eased in a little better. 20 new words at a go is difficult to keep pace with if introduced multiple days in a row. This can be discouraging.
Wish the top 5 most practiced was targeted at trouble words. My top 5 are words I practice often, but I also get them correct often too. I don’t see the words I have trouble with as I would expect.
Wish there was Latin American Spanish but I appreciate the options available so far.
- Lingvist Technologies OU
- 49.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Estonian, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016 Lingvist Technologies OU
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited for 1 month $19.99
- Unlimited for 3 months $39.99
- Unlimited for 12 months $79.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.