Link Unshortener expands shortened web links, following redirects until it reveals the destination URL. Never again click a link before you know where it's going!
Made by indie developer Jeff Johnson. If you need support, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or read the support site at https://underpassapp.com/LinkUnshortener/support.html
• Handles link shorteners such as t.co (Twitter), bit.ly, tinyurl, and more!
• Automatically removes URL tracking parameters.
• Automatically upgrades URLs from http to https.
• No web cookies, storage, or caches. Generic User-Agent. Your anonymity and privacy is protected.
• Includes a share extension.
• Includes a Mac system service.
• Open the destination URL in your selected web browser, or copy to the clipboard. There are preferences to do these automatically!
• Compatible with StopTheMadness Web URL Rules and the Open Link with contextual menu item.
Link Unshortener is a Universal Binary ready for Apple silicon and macOS Big Sur.
• Workarounds for malformed meta refresh redirects from getpocket.com and yelp.com
• Added mc_eid, mc_cid, and gclsrc URL parameters to the list of Known Trackers
Ratings and Reviews
Simple utility that does exactly what it promises
I use with StopTheMadness by the same developer and this utility works well together. Biggest issue with using with stopthemadness is the small amount of configuration required to connect the two.
Edit: The trimming only known trackers is a nice improvement. Most of the time older versions did a great job, but occassionally it would lose item or article ids along with the trackers. Easy enough to toggle, or go back a step or two but still a small extra step. So nice to see an improvement here.
Been using it since version 3.0. It's one of my must install apps for my daily workflow. Thank you for adding the ability to do exclusions. It works just like I expected.
Struggles with Slickdeals links, but solid for the most part.
Developer Response ,
Thanks! On Slickdeals, you might just need to disable Remove URL Queries.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jeff Johnson
- 1.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Jeff Johnson
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.