Linky lets you easily share webpage links, images and text extracts to Mastodon and Bluesky from your iPhone and iPad.
Write your post, choose which preferred social networks and Linky will do the rest! You can connect Linky to Mastodon and Bluesky.
Linky's very own iOS Share Extension allows you to post messages without ever leaving third-party applications.
Want to share a webpage Link? Linky can insert both the url and the title of the webpage as required. Linky will suggest images related to shared links and can attach them to your messages. It can also shorten links, giving you access to further link analytics.
How about selected text in Safari? Linky's Web Clipper extracts selected text and carries it over to the composer sheet, ready for you to edit. You can also make a text shot from the text selection for sharing as a beautiful image.
What about a great photo? Share images easily from Photos app and third-party applications. You can also preview the shared image in fullscreen before sending it.
Share any text too! Bring up the extension, the text is copied in the message, edit if required and share. It's that simple.
Use Markup to annotate, crop and edit images inline. Write or draw on the attachment, or add arrows and lenses, or obscure sensitive information.
"Linky 5.0 removes friction from sharing links, quotes, and images. I appreciate the intelligent use of Open Graph and Media Cards to save even more time, and I'm a fan of the deeper controls Linky brings when compared to the default share sheet. I can't recommend Linky enough." - MacStories
"Linky turbocharges sharing links and images from Safari or other apps supporting iOS extensions." 4/5 - Macworld
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2019 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2018 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2017 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2016 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2015 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2014 Edition
• Supports Mastodon and Bluesky.
• Post messages simultaneously on multiple accounts.
• iOS Share Extension is integrated directly into Safari and many other third-party apps, allowing to directly share text, images and web page links.
• Add multiple images to your messages (animated gif images are supported).
• Image preview in fullscreen.
• Suggestion of images related to shared links.
• Share selected text in Safari as a text shot image.
• Convert music links from Apple Music or Spotify into a single link that works across different streaming service.
• Markup: annotate, crop and edit images inline. Available tools: Sketch, arrows, lenses, text blocks, pixelate, crop & rotate.
• Links, hashtags and mentions are color-highlighted when composing.
• Usernames are auto-completed when typing the @ symbol.
• Links can be shortened when the message is sent using bit.ly, CloudApp, Droplr, Goo.gl, and yourls.org (all link-shorteners require an account).
• Clipboard URL: If a URL is copied to the clipboard from another application, Linky will ask whether you want to use it.
• URL Scheme to launch Linky from other apps using the x-callback-url specification (in-app documentation and examples).
• VoiceOver accessibility for the visually impaired.
• Universal App (iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro).
• Supports iOS multitasking (Slide Over and Split View on the iPad).
• Haptic feedbacks.
• Supports both portrait and landscape orientations on the iPhone and the iPad.
This version adds support for Bluesky and brings optimizations for Mastodon and iOS 17.
- First-class integration of Bluesky with support for media cards, image attachments, and alt text.
- The character limit for Mastodon now depends on the configuration of your instance (it is usually 500 characters, but not always). Note that it may take several hours to get the correct value in the user interface.
- Makes some optimizations for iOS 17. Linky now requires iOS 16 or higher.
Ratings and Reviews
even better than you think
yes, it links articles, photos, almost anything easily to twitter and facebook. even better is that it has the text photo option: select text and hit the share extension and the highlight is captured as a photo (which you easily change back to text if that’s your preference.
and EVEN BETTER, is that once you hit the linky extension, it has it’s own sharing extension!!! sharing within sharing. SO, i can find link a text photo with the link and title easily to say Day One or some other capture app.
SO GOOD. i am still discovering ways to use it.
This app is magic!
I keep finding fun new settings that make sharing text shots and urls better. Highlighting in text shot images, url shorteners, and composing preferences bring Linky to the next level.
The one thing that would bring it to 5 stars for me would be syncing settings between devices.
Updated Review - 3 stars after reviewing the tutorial
I purchased & downloaded this because of the reviews and the authors’ ads saying it would help me putting quoted text and graphics, along with links on Facebook posts. That would be great! But the first few times I tried I couldn’t. The developer pointed me to a simple tutorial on using Linky, but I haven’t had time to wade through that yet.
I revised this rating from 1 to 3 stars after reviewing the tutorial.
Without a tutorial you may never get to use it
Developer Response ,
Sorry if you get confused by the app.
There is a Get Started guide if you go to Settings screen > Get Started with Linky. Here is the direct link for this guide: http://bit.ly/2lwTpOn
This guide explains how to install the share's app extension. This is where the real power of Linky lies. It also explains how to make text shots to quote some text.
You will also find some pro tips if you go to Settings screen > Tips tab.
You can contact us if you need more help.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Benoit Bourdon
- 12.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Pragmatic Code
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.