Linky lets you easily share webpage links, images and text extracts to Twitter and Mastodon from your iPhone and iPad.
Write your post, choose which preferred social networks and Linky will do the rest! You can connect Linky to Twitter and Mastodon.
Linky's very own iOS Share Extension allows you to post messages without ever leaving third-party applications.
Want to share a webpage Link? Linky can insert both the url and the title of the webpage as required. Linky will suggest images related to shared links and can attach them to your messages. It can also shorten links, giving you access to further link analytics.
How about selected text in Safari? Linky's Web Clipper extracts selected text and carries it over to the composer sheet, ready for you to edit. You can also make a text shot from the text selection for sharing as a beautiful image.
What about a great photo? Share images easily from Photos app and third-party applications. You can also preview the shared image in fullscreen before sending it.
Share any text too! Bring up the extension, the text is copied in the message, edit if required and share. It's that simple.
Use Markup to annotate, crop and edit images inline. Write or draw on the attachment, or add arrows and lenses, or obscure sensitive information.
"Linky 5.0 removes friction from sharing links, quotes, and images. I appreciate the intelligent use of Open Graph and Twitter Cards to save even more time, and I'm a fan of the deeper controls Linky brings when compared to the default share sheet of Twitter. I can't recommend Linky enough." - MacStories
"Linky turbocharges sharing links and images to Twitter from Safari or other apps supporting iOS extensions." 4/5 - Macworld
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2019 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2018 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2017 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2016 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2015 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2014 Edition
• Supports Twitter and Mastodon.
• Post messages simultaneously on multiple accounts.
• iOS Share Extension is integrated directly into Safari and many other third-party apps, allowing to directly share text, images and web page links.
• Add multiple images to your messages (animated gif images are supported).
• Image preview in fullscreen.
• Suggestion of images related to shared links.
• Share selected text in Safari as a text shot image.
• Convert music links from Apple Music or Spotify into a single link that works across different streaming service.
• Markup: annotate, crop and edit images inline. Available tools: Sketch, arrows, lenses, text blocks, pixelate, crop & rotate.
• Links, hashtags and mentions are color-highlighted when composing.
• Usernames are auto-completed when typing the @ symbol.
• Links can be shortened when the message is sent using bit.ly, CloudApp, Droplr, Goo.gl, and yourls.org (all link-shorteners require an account).
• Clipboard URL: If a URL is copied to the clipboard from another application, Linky will ask whether you want to use it.
• URL Scheme to launch Linky from other apps using the x-callback-url specification (in-app documentation and examples).
• VoiceOver accessibility for the visually impaired.
• Universal App (iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro).
• Designed for iOS 14 and the Retina HD Display.
• Supports iOS multitasking (Slide Over and Split View on the iPad).
• 3D Touch Peek and Pop in the message composer: peek at toolbar buttons (Link, Title, Text Clip) to get a quick preview and pop to insert in the message.
• Haptic feedbacks.
• Optimized for iPhone 12.
• Supports both portrait and landscape orientations on the iPhone and the iPad.
- Added support for new iPhone (late 2020) screen sizes.
- Added support for new Photos privacy permissions introduced in iOS 14.
- Added support for extracting the text, links and pictures from Twitter tweet URLs.
- In order to have more transparency with clipboard usage, Clipboard Detection is now an opt-in preference that you can enable by going to “Settings > Clipboard Detection”. Like before, Clipboad Detection allows to check your clipboard for URLs and pictures to help you quickly add them to your messages. Like before, these checks only happen on your device and the clipboard content is not sent anywhere. Linky will ask if you want to turn on the feature when upgrading to this version.
- Fixed a bug where the title and the picture could not be extracted from YouTube URLs.
- iOS 13+ is now required.
Ratings and Reviews
even better than you think
yes, it links articles, photos, almost anything easily to twitter and facebook. even better is that it has the text photo option: select text and hit the share extension and the highlight is captured as a photo (which you easily change back to text if that’s your preference.
and EVEN BETTER, is that once you hit the linky extension, it has it’s own sharing extension!!! sharing within sharing. SO, i can find link a text photo with the link and title easily to say Day One or some other capture app.
SO GOOD. i am still discovering ways to use it.
Must have for Twitter & Mastodon users
If you do any amount of link or image sharing to Twitter and/or Mastodon this is a great tool to have. Much better and feature rich experience than any Twitter app.
It’s actually a great way to cross-post to both Twitter and Mastodon even if it’s just a text post.
Text Shots haven’t worked for a long time.
That’s it, title.
To expand on this. I bought this app a long time ago specifically for Text Shots. They worked briefly, but after an iOS upgrade, can’t remember which one, they stopped, disappeared, aren’t even an option. I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled, setup as new, used different devices. The feature is broken.
I redownload Linky periodically to see if it’s fixed, try it, then delete the app and forget about it until I want to share a huge chunk of text in a tweet. Then the cycle begins anew.
I’d love to be able to recommend this app, but it just doesn’t work.
**Edit: After reviewing their in-app tutorial, I’ve also noticed it does not copy URLs or titles and consequently will not offer to insert them. At the moment, all this app does is copy a paragraph, toss it into a share sheet and highlight most of it as red because it’s too big to tweet. Lol, it’s worse than I remembered.**
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Benoit Bourdon
- 11.6 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Pragmatic Code
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.