Linphone is an open source app offering free audio/video calls and text messaging. With Linphone, you can be reachable at any time, even if the app is closed, with a WiFi or 3G/4G internet connection.
Linphone key features:
* High definition audio and video calls
* Audio conference calls with various participants
* Pictures and file sharing
* Linphone accounts reachable at any time, even if the app is closed (thanks to push notifications)
* Smart contact list to know whom among your friend is reachable thanks to Linphone
* Secure communication (encryption options)
* Compliant with a large number of SIP-compatible VoIP service providers allowing to reach everyone that has a "classic" phone line
* Group chat now available:
- Multi-participant groups
- Multi-device support
- Intuitive message delivery status
- Easy management of participants and admins
* Since IOS10, SIP connections in background are no longer allowed. Therefore, only Linphone accounts (sip.linphone.org accounts) can receive calls when the app is closed, thanks to push notifications integrated within our server.
* Group chat features only available for Linphone accounts (sip.linphone.org accounts).
Linphone is available on the main mobile and desktop operating systems and offers various specific features for advanced users (codecs, transport standard, encryption options, DTMF...). For more information, see Linphone project website: www.linphone.org
Note for developers and professionals:
Linphone can be rebranded and customized to meet specific needs. Contact Belledonne Communications www.belledonne-communications.com for any specific development query.
This new release of Linphone brings the following improvements:
- bug fixes
- support for 32-bits devices
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
UI needs work
The user interface needs some work. Tapping the menu button always takes about five attempts before I finally hit the exact spot. Also, the screen doesn’t fill my iPhone XR screen. Also, some of the icons are quite confusing. They aren’t very intuitive to know what they represent.
Awesome SIP client. But often - audio volume is low.
This is the best client in terms of voice quality. The only major issue I have with it - there is no option of audio volume preamplification. Often you can barely hear the person on the other side when you are in a somewhat noisy environment. If there would be configurable preamplification - I would give 5 stars!
Best of the free SIP phone apps
There is plenty to love and hate about this app, but the fact is this app has been the most reliable and regularly updated iOS SIP phones I have found. Thanks Linphone!!!
Correction: Bluetooth issue was in iOS not this app.
- Belledonne communications
- 62.3 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Russian
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Belledonne communications
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.