Lion is an accountability browser for the modern day. Use Lion to add people you trust as partners. These partners will receive an easy to read bi-weekly email of any explicit websites you visit. Using Lion will help reduce the temptation to visit explicit websites, change your browsing habits, and help you live a healthier more productive lifestyle.
• ADD PARTNERS - In a supportive environment we discover strength and positive effects that lead to personal growth.
• ADD YOUR OWN KEYWORDS - Add custom keywords for Lion to track. If a website you visit contains that keyword it will be included in the next log.
• FREE TO TRY - You can use Lion as a regular browser as long as you like. Unlock accountability partners whenever you are ready to make the jump.
• NO MONTHLY PAYMENTS - Don't pay subscription fees. No upgrades or in-app purchases either.
• NO SIGN UP FORMS - Get to browsing right away. Lion does not collect your data and their aren't any forms to fill out.
• LION CHAT - Access the Lion Chat app right from the toolbar
• OPEN LINKS IN LION - Now you can open links from other apps right inside Lion. Just share the link and "Open in Lion" - you can even do it with search terms!
• PRIVACY - We don't store any of your information, everything lives on your device.
• MODERN BROWSING - Clean, simple, fast, and intuitive design.
• EASY TO USE TABS - Open tabs to access multiple websites and bookmarks.
• BOOKMARKS - Save the sites you go to the most for quick access.
• CONVENIENCE - Copy a link from other apps, tap the url bar, go in one click.
• 1PASSWORD SUPPORT - Sign in automatically to your favorite sites using 1Password.
- Added the ability to add your own keywords to track in the Lion app
- Fixed some bugs around saving to the "Files" app
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best one out there!
I had been using Covenant Eyes for about 5 years or more, and I just ran into this app. It's faster, cleaner and cheaper for sure. One time fee of $9.99 if you want accountability partners , or FREE with no partners. I would only ask for a desktop friendly version for my Mac, that would be great!
Feedback for developers
This is an excellent app for browsing. It's by far the fastest and most intuitive browser of its kind.
Here is my primary concern for the developers:
The email that is sent out to my accountability partners is often long and not easy to read. There are a lot of sites that I visit that get flagged inappropriately (including google sometimes) which makes it difficult for accountability partners to keep track of my activities. These false alarms force them to check every site to make sure that it isn't something I shouldn't be visiting. It would be great to see improvement in this area and would be the deciding factor for me to stick with this app and add more accountability partner.
On a side note, a small bug that happens occasionally in the browser is when the page switcher is opened, sometimes the first page dot (at the bottom) is highlighted when it should be the last page causing me to swipe the wrong direction. Not a major problem, but enough of an inconvenience to make a note.
I think this app is going in the right direction quickly and can't wait for future updates.
Sometimes no navigation, Links from texts
I often get links to webpages from friends, which I have to copy and paste into the browser; if I tap the link in the message, the link will not open. If anything, it only allows opening the link in either Google or Safari, both of which I have deleted.
Also, oftentimes I will be browsing and there simply won’t be any navigation toolbar (history, back, forward, etc), which means I have to close out the browser and reopen it.
Otherwise, the app is worth it. I require the accountability and I am happy this browser is available.
Developer Response ,
Apple has chosen not to allow you to select a specific browser for opening links. The reason you have the option to open in Chrome and Safari is because Chrome is a very popular browser so it is most likely supported by whatever app you are using at the time. If those apps added support for Lion, then you would also see the option to open in Lion. For now this is out of our hands, there is nothing we can do except ask each app developer to add support for Lion. Hopefully Apple will add the option someday to allow you to set a default browser, but until then there really is nothing we can do. One way we work around this however is with the "Open in Lion" feature. If you press long enough on a link the share sheet will open up and you can enable the "Open in Lion" feature from the share sheet. If you need more help with this please contact us through the app contact form. As for the navigation disappearing...there are annoying instances when Google will hide the toolbar at the bottom, to bring it back just tap near the bottom of the browser. This should bring back the toolbar. I hope this helps and we are happy you are using the browser. Please reach out to us with the in-app contact form if you have any other concerns!
- Patrick Adams
- 38.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Copyright Lion Accountability, LLC 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Add Accountability Partners $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.