Lion Safe is the official safety app of Columbia University. It is the only app that integrates with Columbia University's safety and security systems. Public Safety has worked to develop a unique app that provides students, faculty and staff with added safety on the Columbia University campus. The app will send you important safety alerts and provide instant access to campus safety resources.
Lion Safe features include:
- Emergency Assistance: Contact the correct services for the Columbia University area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern
- Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
- Maps & Schedules: Navigate around the Columbia University area.
- Services: Access resources in one convenient app to enjoy a successful experience at Columbia University
- CU EMS: Access information on Columbia University's emergency medical services.
- Emergency Protocols: Campus emergency documentation that can prepare you for disasters or emergencies. This can be accessed even when users aren’t connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- Safety Notifications: Receive instant notifications and instructions from Columbia University safety when on-campus emergencies occur.
Download today to ensure you’re prepared in the event of an emergency.
- Columbia University
- 12.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Columbia University
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.