*** Named “Most Innovative iPad App of the Year” by Apple App Store ***
LiquidText offers a fast, natural way to review, gather, and organize information across all your documents and webpages—then apply the results to writing reports, meeting prep, or simply studying. Pull out key facts and connect them together, squeeze a document to compare sections, draw a line to connect ideas in different documents, comment on multiple pages at once, build upon your thoughts, and much more.
► WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
* "If you want to experience the power of going beyond paper, you can download LiquidText" – Cult of Mac
* One of Macworld’s Top 24 Apps for iPad Pro
* One of Time Magazine's Ten Best apps for iPad Pro *
* "There's a better way to organize your research, and the app is it." – iMore, Serenity Caldwell
* “All you need for deep research projects.” – Macworld, Jackie Dove
* "The world changed with...LiquidText" – Law360, Paul Kiesel
* "LiquidText may just be *the* app for reviewing and annotating PDFs using Apple's tablet and stylus." – CIO Magazine, James Martin
* “One of the most powerful, original iPad apps I've tried in years” – Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
► LIQUIDTEXT’S COMPLETE FEATURE SET INCLUDES:
(Note that to use features with a *, a subscription to our premium service is required. You can also get some of these features with a one-time purchase instead.)
• Create a workspace and import all the documents and web pages you need
• Compatible with PDF, Word, and PowerPoint document types
• Import from Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, email, and more
• Import content from webpage.
• Instant OCR to select text in scanned documents; do a full document-OCR to search as well!*
• Import documents & metadata directly from reference managers (supports Zotero and Mendeley)*
• Pull excerpts from all the documents in your project into the Workspace area
• Add your own notes to the Workspace area
• Freely draw on your notes, or on the workspace itself*
• Organize excerpts and notes into groups
• Connect anything - draw live “ink links” that span pages, documents, notes, and more*
• Create mind-maps by drawing “ink links” connecting your excerpts/notes to one another*
• Get context - click notes and excerpts to find original source
• Pinch on your trackpad to compare different distant pages side by side
• Collapse text to see annotated parts side-by-side
• Collapse text to view search results(s) side-by-side
• Import unlimited number of documents into a project, view up to 5 at once*
• Freely draw* or highlight on your document, notes, or the workspace itself
• Add margin notes/comments to text, images, notes, and excerpts
• Comment on two or more selections simultaneously
• Make comments that link to multiple documents at once*
• Replace document with a newer version (and annotations are brought to new doc)*
• Search for keywords across all your LiquidText documents
• Search from LiquidText home screen, or from Spotlight*
• Find keywords in title or text of your documents*
• Bulk highlight, tag, or link to your search results*
• Export your project as a PDF (includes your Workspace and documents)
• Export your project as a Word file (converts your notes/excerpts into a linear document)
• Send a full LiquidText file for those with the app.
• Send files by email or to Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Zotero, and more
• Drag links to LiquidText projects into your operating system file folders*
Sync & Backup*
• Real-time, cross-platform sync
• Continuous cloud backup
• Multi-device display:
• All your devices are updated in realtime
• Use your desktop or tablet as additional displays for your tablet, or vice versa
• Use your tablet for freehand inking while viewing and keyboarding on your desktop
Learn more at LiquidText.net | Better Than Paper
FIXES AND UPDATES
► This version provides new forward compatibility for our upcoming update.
Ratings and Reviews
If your job or studies involve reading through longer works, LiquidText offers the kind of flexibility you’ve always wished for. Using gestures, you can quickly drag excerpts to a workspace on the side, make notes and comments, or compress pages to compare distant sections. With support for popular file formats, sharing options, and cloud services, it’s so intuitive to use that you’ll forget how you ever read without it.
Essential for graduate coursework
I use the multi-document for every text-heavy course session I have taken over the past year and a half. Best of all, the developer has addressed nearly every concern I have ever had.
The PDF export is now extremely stable so I can preserve all my hard annotation work in a standard format which looks great in macOS Preview, even when it runs to thousands of pages for a class session. It merges web pages, PDF converted books, articles, slides and images into one memorable, skim-able, and searchable PDF package. Free hand annotations closed the gap between this and Notability’s PDF support.
The two suggestions remain: one low hanging and one which might be the developer’s next app: The experience of the app isn’t the same when documents don’t have searchable text paths. Partner with or recommend an app to provide Optical Character Recognition — I now use a Docker-based Tesseract tool called OCRmyPDF to wipe out spotty OCR (from e.g. old JSTOR) and rescan from the command line but I’d love some form of recommendation or integration. Second, iOS “speak” can be great for reading hands free and taking notes but since LiquidText doesn’t use standard dialogs when you turn it on in Settings, the feature doesn’t appear. Further, to support its experience well, you need a start/pause/speed control like in GoodReader but its a bit annoying to export back and forth. I may try to use iOS 11 dual-app panel mode to highlight in the mean time.
This app alone justifies the purchase of my iPad Pro
There is nothing else that’s like this app on any of my other devices. There is no app to my knowledge that does what this app does for my reading habit. I’m a person who needs to organize my takeaway in real time as I read along. The app allows me to pull out the highlights (in the case of a pdf with recognized texts) or cutouts (image kind of pdf), place them on the side workspace, and move them as I see fit. The little arrow in front of every “takeaway” takes you to the original. You can even free-hand draw on the workspace - make arrows, connections, mind maps, concept maps, etc. This is tremendous!! Honestly, I’m still learning the capabilities of this app, but the said features already made me very happy. And unhappy, too - when I use the Kindle or other reading apps, which all seem too inadequate now. I find myself trying to convert all my books and import them into LiquidText. It’s hard to go back to the old reading style.
Whenever I have a question, I just hit the button with a question mark in the app. Within hours (sometimes just minutes) someone answers my question. Now that’s really classy. How many other apps do that? I don’t care if it’s a robot or real person (which I believe it is - if it’s a robot, it’s a very good one!) I feel the company cares. That’s really really good.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LiquidText, Inc.
- 235.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2023 LiquidText, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- LiquidText Pro $29.99
- LT Pro - For Students $19.99
- LiquidText Live, Monthly $9.99
- LiquidText Live, Yearly $95.99
- LiquidText Live, Monthly, Stu $4.99
- LiquidText Live, Yearly, Stu $47.99
- LiquidText Live, Yearly, Upg $95.99
- LiquidText Live, Monthly, Upg $9.99
- LiquidText Unlimited, Yr $174.99
- LiquidText Unlimited, Yr, Stu $17.99