*** Named “Most Innovative iPad App of the Year” by Apple App Store ***
LiquidText offers a fast, natural way to review, gather, and organize information across all your documents and webpages—then apply the results to writing reports, meeting prep, or simply studying. Pull out key facts and connect them together, squeeze a document to compare sections, draw a line to connect ideas in different documents, comment on multiple pages at once, build upon your thoughts, and much more.
► WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
* "If you want to experience the power of going beyond paper, you can download LiquidText" – Cult of Mac
* One of Macworld’s Top 24 Apps for iPad Pro
* One of Time Magazine's Ten Best apps for iPad Pro *
* "There's a better way to organize your research, and the app is it." – iMore, Serenity Caldwell
* “All you need for deep research projects.” – Macworld, Jackie Dove
* "The world changed with...LiquidText" – Law360, Paul Kiesel
* "LiquidText may just be *the* app for reviewing and annotating PDFs using Apple's tablet and stylus." – CIO Magazine, James Martin
* “One of the most powerful, original iPad apps I've tried in years” – Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
► LIQUIDTEXT’S COMPLETE FEATURE SET INCLUDES:
(Note that a single In-App-Purchase is required to put multiple documents in one project, to use drawing, or to search across documents.)
• Create a workspace and import all the documents you need. Web page import coming soon!
• Compatible with PDF files. Compatibility with Word, and PowerPoint documents coming coon!
• Import from Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, email, and more
• Import content from webpage.
• Pull excerpts from all the documents in your project into the Workspace area
• Add your own notes to the Workspace area
• Freely draw on your notes, or on the workspace itself
• Organize excerpts and notes into groups
• Connect anything - draw live “ink links” that span pages, documents, notes, and more
• Create mind-maps by drawing “ink links” connecting your excerpts/notes to one another
• Get context - click notes and excerpts to find original source
• Scrollbar shows where highlights, comments, excerpts, and search results are located
• Pinch on your trackpad to compare different distant pages side by side
• Collapse text to see annotated parts side-by-side
• Collapse text to view search results(s) side-by-side
• Import unlimited number of documents into a project, view up to 3 at once
• Freely draw or highlight on your document, notes, or the workspace itself
• Add margin notes/comments to text, images, notes, and excerpts
• Comment on two or more selections simultaneously
• Make comments that link to multiple documents at once
• Search for keywords across all your LiquidText documents
• Search from LiquidText home screen, or from Spotlight
• Find keywords in title or text of your documents
• Export your project as a PDF (includes your Workspace and documents)
• Export your project as a Word file (converts your notes/excerpts into a linear document)
• Send a full LiquidText file for those with the app.
• Send files by email or to Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, and more
Learn more at LiquidText.net | Comprehend More.
Updated for Big Sur!
► Fixed support for DOCX and PPTX import.
► Fixed popup message layout.
► Various bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
If your job or studies involve reading through longer works, LiquidText offers the kind of flexibility you’ve always wished for. Using gestures, you can quickly drag excerpts to a workspace on the side, make notes and comments, or compress pages to compare distant sections. With support for popular file formats, sharing options, and cloud services, it’s so intuitive to use that you’ll forget how you ever read without it.
Great app but could be better
I recently got an iPad Pro for Dental School so I could annotate my notes much more easily and efficiently. I’ve been using the app for about 2 weeks. I love that I can search through multiple documents for 1 topic by using control F and that I can place connections between my notes and the document for easy searching after. The concept behind this app is great but there could be some improvements. For example every time I go back into the same doc , the setting in which I had left the highlighter and pen are reset. As a student it would make note taking more efficient if I didn’t have to go back to fix my preferences for the pen and highlighter every time i go back into the same document. There have also been times when what i write magically disappears right after i write it. I have to exit the app and open it all over all for the writing to work again. So far these are my only suggestions, otherwise I’m enjoying studying with the app.
Essential for graduate coursework
I use the multi-document for every text-heavy course session I have taken over the past year and a half. Best of all, the developer has addressed nearly every concern I have ever had.
The PDF export is now extremely stable so I can preserve all my hard annotation work in a standard format which looks great in macOS Preview, even when it runs to thousands of pages for a class session. It merges web pages, PDF converted books, articles, slides and images into one memorable, skim-able, and searchable PDF package. Free hand annotations closed the gap between this and Notability’s PDF support.
The two suggestions remain: one low hanging and one which might be the developer’s next app: The experience of the app isn’t the same when documents don’t have searchable text paths. Partner with or recommend an app to provide Optical Character Recognition — I now use a Docker-based Tesseract tool called OCRmyPDF to wipe out spotty OCR (from e.g. old JSTOR) and rescan from the command line but I’d love some form of recommendation or integration. Second, iOS “speak” can be great for reading hands free and taking notes but since LiquidText doesn’t use standard dialogs when you turn it on in Settings, the feature doesn’t appear. Further, to support its experience well, you need a start/pause/speed control like in GoodReader but its a bit annoying to export back and forth. I may try to use iOS 11 dual-app panel mode to highlight in the mean time.
- LiquidText, Inc.
- 138.1 MB
macOS 10.15 or later. Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 LiquidText, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- LiquidText Pro $29.99
- LT Pro - For Students $19.99
- LT Pro - For MultiDoc Users $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.