- Added support for iOS 13 Dark Mode: On iOS 13, the app now follows the system mode, and sets the appropriate theme. You can choose the 'Default Dark Mode Theme' & 'Default Light Mode Theme' in settings.
- Added support for iOS 13 Contextual Menus : On iOS 13, context menu will show where applicable when the appropriate gesture for it is used. Including (but not limited to) some items in the main menu, articles in articles lists and hot links list, hot links in hot links list, links and images in the article reading view, and the 'Mark all as read' button in the top right corner of article lists.
- Added support for multiple windows on iPadOS 13: On iPadOS 13, use the contextual menu, or drag an article in article lists or hot links list (or hot link in hot links list) to the edge of the screen to open it in a new window.
- On iPadOS, Spotlight search results also open in a new window.
- Completely re-designed state restoration to work on iOS 13, and iPadOS 13 with support for restoring state of multiple windows.
- Other minor bug fixes & improvements.
If you enjoy using lire, please leave a review, tell a friend about it, or consider dropping a small thank you in the Tip Jar. That helps a lot!
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but one major UI flaw for me
Lire is a very good RSS reader, with integration with many major sync services. Full text caching is the prime feature, and it works well 99% of the time.
Overall, the UI is well thought out, usable, and somewhat customizable. I would appreciate a single-tap way to select read or unread and other feed filter views, rather than having to tap on the menu and then select.
The main reason I'm not continuing to use the app is that the developer has elected to immediately hide articles as they are marked read (while in the "unread" articles view).
This makes it annoyingly time consuming to go to a different view and find an article I mistakenly marked as read, unmark it, and return to the "read" view. I make such errors enough, in rapid swiping and previewing through multiple feeds, that I'm giving up on Lire unless it provides a better solution in the future.
Love the app
I’ve been searching for the perfect (to me) RSS reader for quite a while, and this app may be the closest I’ve found.
There’s just a couple little things that impact the reading experience and have become more and more annoying to me over time:
1. Please remove the footer bar from the article list view. Maybe this info could be only on the main index page. I spend a lot of time on that list view and the footer is huge and redundant and just breaks my reading immersion.
2. Please introduce a session based approach to filtering the unread list. It’s jarring to load a list of 10 unread articles and have them disappear from the list as I go thru them. I get it, they’re “read”, but please just mark them as read and don’t change the list contents until I revisit this page or refresh the contents.
Thanks so much for all the work you’ve put into this app.
Welcome back, old friend!
RSS still lives and thrives in Lire! The parsing engine is fast and crisp, and the full text feature makes extra clicks to plugins unnecessary. This version does have embedded graphics, but don't detract from the text oriented interface. Love the choice of themes - the redesign is evident on the outside too! And it's not a paid subscription model :)
Edit- now unusable. Verizon blocks its IP. PING shows 100% packet loss.
This version now loads with my ISP. Once again, best in class!!! Hope there's an OSX version forthcoming.
- Kunal Sood
- 38.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, French, German, Greek, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Kunal Sood
- In-App Purchases
- Generous Tip $0.99
- Massive Tip $1.99
- Amazing Tip $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.