Love RSS feeds? So do we!!
RSS feeds are a great way to follow updates on your favorite website. However, some sites set up their feeds to only show a portion of each entry, you know, to get you to click through to their actual website. We find that really annoying, and we're sure you do too.
Which is why, unlike other RSS feed readers, that either push you into a browser (in-app or otherwise), or depend on third party text parsing services and require you to be online to fetch the full text of one article at a time (which makes it no different from having to click/tap through to a website), in lire, you get your favorite RSS feeds as they should've been. You don't need to click through to any website (though, you do still have the option to, if you really wanted). It takes your favorite partial feeds, does it's magic, and converts them in to full feeds, so you don't have to click/tap on those annoying 'Read more' or 'Continue reading' links.
Once they're cached, you don't even need to be connected to read your full-text feeds.
Use as a standalone feed reader,
sync with any of the several services: Feedly, Feedbin, FeedHQ, The Old Reader, Inoreader, BazQux Reader, Newsblur, Feed Wrangler.
- Fixed: A critical crash on launch bug affecting new users (introduced in 1.0.3).
- New Feature: Opening an article in a new window now allows you to navigate to other articles in the list that the article was opened from. (So, now, you can do things like: navigate through all your unread articles without distractions in fullscreen mode, with just one hand using the spacebar, while you hold your morning coffee in the other hand)
- Fixed: A bug that caused a crash during a sync/refresh.
- Fixed: Window size & position restoration should work even if the app is re-launched with the sidebar hidden.
- Fixed: Keyboard focus goes back to article list, if article view is closed by clicking the 'X' button.
- Fixed: Article view margins when going back to it from the in-app browser.
- Optimised: Speed of loading the share menus, and, right-click menu in article view.
- Refined: Appearance & Dismissal of tooltips.
- Tons of minor UI tweaks.
- Other minor bug fixes & improvements.
If you enjoy using lire, please leave a review, or tell a friend about it. That helps a lot!
Ratings and Reviews
Had no problems signing into Feedly. This was one of my favorite apps on iOS so I'm glad to see the Mac version available. After fever rss going away this seems to be the only app to do hot links properly.
It simply doesn't work.
Was looking for something to sync Newsblur with. On the first launch it throws a few errors, and then it disables the options to sync with any third parties, leaving you with a blank screen. I have no problem with buggy apps, things happen, but for $20 that's really not cool to release something that simply doesn't work on initial launch.
Developer Response ,
I'm so sorry you had this experience. Would it be possible for you to reach out to me by email, and tell me exactly what errors you saw? I would be happy to take a look, and fix this as soon as possible. My email is: email@example.com
- Kunal Sood
- 10.8 MB
macOS 10.15 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Czech, French, German, Greek, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Kunal Sood
- In-App Purchases
- Generous Tip $0.99
- Massive Tip $1.99
- Amazing Tip $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.