The official LIRR app has info that you can't find anywhere else, including real-time location, crowding, and push notifications. Whether you're new to the system or a daily commuter, make your trip as smooth as possible with:
• Trip Planner: Check train schedules, including all official connections, and how full a train usually is
• Real-Time Train Tracking (updated every 3 seconds!): See exactly where each train in your trip is, view when it will arrive, and follow it throughout your trip
• Real-Time Train Crowding: See how full each car is and where you should stand on the platform to have the best chance at finding a seat
• Train Length and Platform Layout: See how many cars your train has today, where it will stop, and where you should board in order to get off at your destination
• Notifications: Track assignments at major terminals, track changes systemwide, and canceled or held trains
• Bookmarks: Save and quickly access favorite trips and stations
• Share: Send your trip details to friends & family
• Nearby trains: Quickly see the status of the train you are riding
• Stations: View upcoming departures, ticket office hours, as well as escalator and elevator status
• Ticketing: One tap access to view or purchase new tickets via MTA eTix
• Service Status: View branch level alerts and planned work
• Chat: Text with a custom service representative within the app
New: Chat with us!
Improved screen reader support, bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Mostly a positive experience
Fast, reliable and some nice features. But, please ... if I say I want to arrive by 9 am don’t start the list with the train that arrives RIGHT before 9 am. It makes more sense to start with the train that arrives before that one and go on with the list of options from there. Otherwise, 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼. Saved me from an app I was using before that now wanted a monthly subscription.
Need to adjust parameters for social distancing
I love the idea of having data to see whether a train is crowded or not and to socially distance in our current covid world. Unfortunately the parameters are too loose and therefore the data is not helpful. I just took a train from Atlantic terminal to Hamptons that was marked as the lowest level of not busy (one person) and green in terms of crowd size (less than 35 percent capacity). That still meant there was one person in every row on my train. So we were not socially distanced from each other (everyone was less than 6 ft from the next person). The green should be reserved for trains where there’s few enough people to sit every other row and not directly next to anyone. Otherwise this data is useless. My train should have been marked yellow.
I am not using this as a computer I’m using this as a train tracking tool because I am a railfan And I like to look at all the info of the trains one thing I feel like they should update is just like on the myLIRR app they should put the type of train next to it without having to click the blue arrow. Example M3 M7 M9. If you are Reading this please do that and it will make me add it up to 10 stars that’s what would make this app so much better in my opinion and a little bit easier to use. If you are reading this last sentence thank you for reading my review I appreciate your time and if you are MTA please implement that feature thanks again!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MTA/New York City Transit
- 65.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © MTA Long Island Rail Road
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.