The official LIRR app has info that you can't find anywhere else, including real-time location, crowding, and push notifications. Whether you're new to the system or a daily commuter, make your trip as smooth as possible with:
• Trip Planner: Check train schedules, including all official connections
• Real-Time Train Tracking (updated every 3 seconds!): See exactly where each train in your trip is, view when it will arrive, and follow it throughout your trip
• Real-Time Train Crowding: See how full each car is and where you should stand on the platform to have the best chance at finding a seat
• Train Length and Platform Layout: See how many cars your train has today, where it will stop, and where you should board in order to get off at your destination
• Notifications: Track assignments at major terminals, track changes systemwide, and canceled or held trains
• Bookmarks: Save and quickly access favorite trips and stations
• Share: Send your trip details to friends & family
• Nearby trains: Quickly see the status of the train you are riding
• Stations: View upcoming departures, ticket office hours, as well as escalator and elevator status
• Ticketing: One tap access to view or purchase new tickets via MTA eTix
• Service Status: View branch level alerts and planned work
In case you missed it, TrainTime has been totally redesigned from the ground up, now including real-time location and crowding information. Plus, use new tools such as notifications, trip bookmarks, and trip sharing to make your travel easier.
- eTix link into TrainTime fixed
- New System Map and Full Timetable links in the More tab
- Several bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I am not using this as a computer I’m using this as a train tracking tool because I am a railfan And I like to look at all the info of the trains one thing I feel like they should update is just like on the myLIRR app they should put the type of train next to it without having to click the blue arrow. Example M3 M7 M9. If you are Reading this please do that and it will make me add it up to 10 stars that’s what would make this app so much better in my opinion and a little bit easier to use. If you are reading this last sentence thank you for reading my review I appreciate your time and if you are MTA please implement that feature thanks again!
Brand new app is fast and clean
The all-new design is night and day compared to the old app. New one is so much simpler, cleaner, and faster. It flies. Have yet to try all the new features like in-car seat tracking region but it looks interesting. This is exactly what the app needed: a fresh coat of paint. The new icon is dope too. Good job MTA. Now do the eTix app too. One suggestion: I’d like to favorite frequently traveled on trips. I.e. penn station to Woodside and vice versa. that way I don’t need to type “from” and “to” every time. Hiding “favorites” in the More tab doesn’t do much for users. The favorites also isn’t a frequently commuted bookmark.
The LIRR lifesaving app we’ve been waiting for
Ok wow. This is the kind of app we’ve been needing for the LIRR for so long rather than the clunky outdated older one. Super simple yet streamlined interface makes everything seamless and right where you expect it to be. Also the ability to see how FULL each individual train is? Wow. So cool and useful. Amazing job to the developers of this one.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.