The official LIRR app has info that you can't find anywhere else, including realtime location, crowding, and push notifications. Whether you're new to the system or a daily commuter, make your trip as smooth as possible with:
• Trip Planner: Check train schedules, including all official connections, and how full a train usually is
• Realtime Train Tracking (updated every 2 seconds!): See exactly where each train in your trip is, view when it will arrive, and follow it throughout your trip
• Realtime Train Crowding: See how full each car is and where you should stand on the platform to have the best chance at finding a seat
• Train Length and Platform Layout: See how many cars your train has today, where it will stop, which cars will open at your destination, and where to board for an accessible trip
• Chat: Text with a customer service representative within the app
• Notifications: Track assignments at major terminals, track changes systemwide, and canceled or held trains
• Bookmarks: Save and quickly access favorite trips and stations
• Share: Send your trip details to friends & family
• Nearby trains: Quickly see the status of the train you are riding
• Stations: View upcoming departures, ticket office hours, as well as escalator and elevator status
• Ticketing: One tap access to view or purchase new tickets via MTA eTix
• Show bike restrictions applicable to each trip.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome app, incredible improvements
Whoever worked on the UX and development of this app in recent times should be really proud of the work they did. Also all who contributed to whatever signal/hardware improvements that were needed to make all these cool features happen. I used the app many years ago, and then opened it today after probably over a year of not using it. All I can say is wow - amazing improvements and features. I was pleasantly shocked. The live train tracking on the map is awesome, notification features, being able to see what track train will come in on, etc. Keep up the great work - as a software engineer myself, it’s awesome to see great UX and development like this in practice on important things.
Superb for Commuters
Rarely do I write reviews for apps. This is an exception because of how well thought out it is. Every relevant piece of information is literally at your fingertips. Track numbers, times, live train locations, instant track updates (tap the bell icon on your selected route), timetable change notifications... this app does it all. Whoever the project manager is has really excelled in tuning the app to the needs of daily commuters. I can’t be the only person who feels this way. Hats off to a job well done. It just keeps getting better and better. Advertise this app more, and I think it will attract more people to the train who were previously intimidated by the “complexity” of it. Thank you!!!
I am not using this as a computer I’m using this as a train tracking tool because I am a railfan And I like to look at all the info of the trains one thing I feel like they should update is just like on the myLIRR app they should put the type of train next to it without having to click the blue arrow. Example M3 M7 M9. If you are Reading this please do that and it will make me add it up to 10 stars that’s what would make this app so much better in my opinion and a little bit easier to use. If you are reading this last sentence thank you for reading my review I appreciate your time and if you are MTA please implement that feature thanks again!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MTA/New York City Transit
- 36.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © MTA Long Island Rail Road
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.