ListenBook is the easiest and most convenient app for listening to audiobooks in MP3, MP4, OPUS, OGG, FLAC, AWB, M4B, M4A, WMA, AAC formats on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad!
••• The app does not feature any audiobooks, but only plays your own audio files •••
The purpose of this app is to make listening to audiobooks in different formats easy and convenient!
There are lots of websites with all kinds of audiobooks dubbed by professional actors and enthusiasts. Most of such audiobooks are distributed as folders with multiple audiofiles in different formats.
I'm, the author of the app, listen to audiobooks all the time. Therefore, I did my best to make ListenBook a tool that has everything necessary to make this process intuitive and convenient.
• Plays audiobooks in MP3, MP4, OPUS, OGG, FLAC, AWB, M4B, M4A, WMA, AAC formats (without DRM protection).
• Adjustable playback quality (0.5x to 5.0x).
• Boost sound ( for audiobooks with low volume )
• The book cover is loaded from an image file in the book’s folder or from an embedded image from an audio file.
• Automatically saves the current playback position for all audiobooks.
• Supports CarPlay and integrations with over 50 other car models from Ford, GM, Mazda, BMW, Jaguar, Landrover and many more
• Jump to any file (can be enabled in settings).
• Supports standard headphone controls.
• Supports Apple Watch.
• Playback control from the Control Center and Block screen.
• A sleep timer with adjustable sleep periods or sleep after the end of the current chapter.
• Possibility to add/remove books through iTunes and from the computer via Wi-Fi
• Support WebDav for adding audiobooks directly from Explorer on PC or from Finder on MacOS
If you enjoy ListenBook, we would be glad if you consider writing a review.
Thanks again for choosing our app! With this release:
● improved Repeat and Shuffle modes
● various bug fixes and improvements
Enjoying ListenBook? Please consider taking a brief moment to rate us on the App Store!
Want to give us feedback? Send us a note at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Nice app but with a few issues…
I purchased ListenBook Pro and find the app very useful, with an elegant and well-designed interface. Not getting 5 stars due to a few glaring bugs that should be fixed: 1) the search function does not work (after typing the first character the keyboard hides itself) 2) the button located below the Play button does not work (I assume its function is to override “dark mode” system settings, but cannot tell for sure since this is not documented in the Help section which, by the way, pertains to a different app, i.e. MP3 Audiobook Player). Finally, it would be useful to be able to relocate book icons in the main window by long pressing and dragging them to a new position, as well as being able to manage files via the Files app. Hopefully, the developer will add these features soon.
Has some issues small issues
After months of daily use I’ve concluded it’s the best available! Yes, there are small quirks but once you sort out your best method of use it’s very reliable. Give it more than a few minutes tryout and you’ll be rewarded!
Developer Response ,
Sounded great, but…
This sounded like exactly what I was looking for, a simple, streamlined way to play my audiobooks. Unfortunately, there was no indication before purchase that it would not play audiobooks already on my device.
Lots of ways to import audiobooks into the app, none of which would work for me. I have a few hundred audiobooks already on my iPod touch, which I had to download directly from Audible. iTunes, Copytrans etc., wouldn’t import them to my iPod, even though I purchased and owned all of them.
I was hoping this app would let me play them outside audible. It doesn’t, and a request sent to the app creator seeking a way to use this app has gone unanswered. Seems like a very nice app if you want to import your books into the app the way the app wants you to, but if you’re looking for a clean, unbloated app to simply play audiobooks already on your device, this isn’t it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Oleg Brailean
- 64.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2022 BiOM Software
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.