Are you keen for your child to learn a new language? Are you looking for tools that will help you along the way? MANDARIN, SPANISH, FRENCH, GERMAN, RUSSIAN, HEBREW, JAPANESE and ENGLISH are all included in one game.
Little Chatterbox puts fun into learning languages!
Little Chatterbox is an innovative app that helps children acquire 300 key day-to-day words.
Little Chatterbox features older children as "virtual teachers" as children learn better from other children. Little Chatterbox is also the only language app using video rather than just audio so children can see how the words are really pronounced. And Little Chatterbox conceals rote vocabulary learning activities within four fun games your child will actually want to play.
Little Chatterbox is designed for kids, but you can brush up on your rusty Spanish or even try an entirely new language!
- real children are featured as teachers to make the language come alive
- you can watch these children pronounce words
- there are 16 screens featuring elements of children’s everyday life - the home, the doctor’s office, the beach, the school...
- there are a total of 300 day-to-day vocabulary words
- 4 games repeat the words over and over
- you can put the game in mono-lingual setting for older children or bilingual setting for younger ones
Find out about our app and more about learning languages on our website littlechatterbox.com.
- The app can be downloaded free of charge. You will be able to access one screen and see how the games help with memorisation
- If you like playing with the game, you can download the next set of screens and words, or the whole game, are available as in-app purchases
- These are one-time purchases which will permanently unlock the content of for your account
- No advertising, text or pop-ups
Ratings and Reviews
I love that it uses real voices and shows the kids speaking. Looking at the person speak helps the brain make a connection to what it is hearing, especially for a foreign language. I hope they make more advanced apps!
Japanese Content Incomplete, Developer Unreachable
Purchased for a 5-year-old who does not read independently.
The free/preview content was excellent. We enjoyed the layout, the pronunciation videos, and the games. I paid the full 9.99 for the app, figuring my daughter would be using it for months.
It was an unpleasant surprise to find that beyond the introductory material, there is no audio for most of the rest of the app. That means it’s totally useless for my daughter—she cannot read in Japanese, and is not yet a fluent reader in English. And even if she could, native pronunciation is an essential component of learning a language—so still fairly useless, even with parental supervision.
It was also unpleasant to find that it is impossible to get any information from the developers—are they planning to complete the Japanese content? If so, when? The contact email provided in the app is not functional, and the email sent to the one listed on LC’s website has gone unanswered for three weeks.
The developer should not be selling an incomplete product, nor is ignoring (polite) customer correspondence acceptable.
This app has a lot of promise, but avoid for Japanese.
Developer Response ,
Hi - we have a contact on our website - email@example.com. The app is very heavy - if the download is interrupted this can happen. Please erase and download again. If the issues continue, let me know.
before localization awesome
what is localization? I am a polyglot wannabe and did not dare to update as I dont want auto-chooses my language as thats flawed for me. One day german is native, the next day it could be russian or english. (sorry hard to type on my phone).
Parents adopt foreign children whose localization would NOT be the same as the parents! If I adopt Russian why would Russian kid want English as native?
the app works well for hearing and for seeing the item in both of two languages. No pronunciation symbols! However, deaf would see see both words in print - the native and foreign word. Blind would hear both words. Not interactive like duolingo or quizlet.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- The Appy Learning Company Ltd
- 137.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © The Appy Learning Company Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Word Package 1 $3.99
- Unlock All Words $9.99
- Word Package 4 $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.