• Winner of a MOM'S CHOICE Gold Award
• Winner of a PARENTS' CHOICE Gold Honor Award
• A fully interactive storybook for early readers featuring the beloved Little Monster
• Based on the award winning titles originally published by Living Books
"This is a really cute and relatable story, with some great interactive features. Kids can really take part in the "lessons" at school with Little Monster. When they work with numbers and letters on the chalkboard, kids can tap on the numbers and letters to hear them labeled and practice right along with the class.
The story actually covers a lot here - routines, school lessons, helping friends out, being different, etc.
This is an award winning story for reason - it really is a good story!"
- A Matter of App
Have you ever wished you could play inside a story and really interact with all the characters and words? Now you can! Little Monster at School is an imaginative and interactive reading experience with fully animated content loved by children, parents and teachers alike.
Wanderful brings every page of this timeless Mercer Mayer story to life. Read and play along with Little Monster on a fun-filled day at school as he explores different subjects with his classmates and makes friends with Yally, an often difficult fellow student.
• Includes both English and Spanish with dynamic switching between the languages
• 18 animated pages, plus a special “story within the story”
• Two pages of alphabet and counting lessons – say your lessons along with the class
• Virtually every item on each page comes to life when tapped
• A hidden animated surprise on each page – see if you can find the “zipperumpazoo”
• Move between pages with swipe or with scrolling page navigation
• Multiple settings to customize the App for your child’s reading experience
• Two modes: “Read to Me” and the fully interactive “Let Me Play”
• Parental tips to help you get the most out of this Wanderful interactive storybook
• Teacher resources include a 31 page overview of Wanderful interactive storybooks Classroom Activities and a free preview of the Little Monster at School Classroom Activities guide
• The full 42 page Classroom Activities guide is available as an upgrade
Wanderful’s goal is to bring outstanding interactive storybooks to a new generation of children. We hope Little Monster at School provides your family, children and students with hours of story play.
Little Monster at School is written and illustrated by Mercer Mayer, who has published over 300 books in a variety of illustrative styles.
Wanderful creates engaging interactive storybooks for children that are educational, fun, and above all safe and appropriate. Our apps:
• do not collect any information
• do not contain ads
• do contain in-app purchases
• do not have active links to websites or social networks
• do use analytics to improve our app experience but only in aggregate and never with
personally identifiable data
Optimized for full 64-bit performance.
Fixed an iOS 11 specific issue with certain buttons and page scroller.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is a BLAST FROM THE PAST app! I also have the Living Books version of this. This app works VERY well! Thank you Wanderful! Hope to bring back Dr. Seuss's ABC, Green Eggs and Ham, and The Cat in the Hat.
From the developer...
Whenever customers have a problem, we can help them if they will contact us. Only a very few have any problems, but occasionally there is a bad review that is posted without trying to contact us for help. Steffimuffi, ahsumdj, and Granny1212 please contact us!
If you ever have a problem of any kind please contact us and we will make sure you are happy or refund your purchase! We only make great apps and want happy customers.
Most charming apps ever!
I have all three apps: Little Monster, Tortoise and the Hare, AND Arthur... they're all so good it's hard to pick a favorite :) All of them have excellent color, funny animations, and great music and voice acting.
My favorite part in Little Monster is the story-within-a-story the kids are told in class -- Little Monster and The Three People! The music and narration are just awesome.
Although I haven't bought the French add-on, toggling between English and Spanish is fun because the acting is so good. I think I'm starting to pick up Spanish again, haha :) Also, you have to try "rapping" using the words of the story; it's hilarious! :D Kids will play for hours with that one feature alone.
Anyway, I've rambled on long enough. I'm pretty sure these apps are why you'd buy an iPad :)
- Wanderful, Inc.
- 192.7 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012, Wanderful, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- French Upgrade $1.99
- Premium Upgrade $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.