Lose Yourself Without Getting Lost.
This handy application presents you several self-guided city walks, featuring the best of the city. It comes with detailed walk route maps and powerful navigation features enabling you to see the best of the city. No need to hop on a tour bus or join a tour group; now you can explore all the city attractions on your own, at your own pace, and at a cost that is only a fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided tour.
Sightseeing walks included in this application are:
* Museums and Galleries II (8 sights)
* Museums and Galleries I (6 sights)
* Famous Buildings (8 sights)
* Historic Sites (8 sights)
* Acclaimed Architecture (8 sights)
* Holy Sites (8 sights)
* Acclaimed Places of Worship (8 sights)
* The Beatles Trail, Part I (12 sights)
* The Beatles Trail, Part II (10 sights)
* Landmarks Tour (11 sights)
* City Orientation Walk (20 sights)
No Data Plan or Internet is Needed, and No Roaming either. All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the city walks or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Walk routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported by the iPod Touch and iPad wifi models).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* Create your own walks to see the attractions you like.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app gives you the option to turn off the GPS tracking in the background to prolong the battery life.
- User interface and stability enhancements.
- Added tutorial videos.
Ratings and Reviews
Guess I have been spoiled by Rick Steves
This app is terrible. Yes, there is some info, but facts and figures with little to no local color delivered in a computer generated voice. Also, it is bulky and difficult to use, as you have to figure out the creators’ classification scheme to access the correct map in order find info on various points of interest. Also, tons of notable sights are absent.
All in all, a nice concept but a waste of money. Someone has got to be able to do a better job with this!
- GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
- 109.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 GPSmyCity.com Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.