LiveXLive Powered by Slacker, formerly Slacker Radio, is a totally reimagined music streaming app that lets you listen to your favorite music and watch live streaming performances for free, all in one place.
With our global coverage and massive collection of music, you’ll get:
• Free access to the music and events you love
• Hundreds of interactive and hand-crafted music stations
• Music recommendations personalized just for you, so you can discover new favorites
• Live video streams of festivals and concerts from around the world
• Exclusive hosted audio and video shows every week
• The ability to easily collect and share your favorite songs
• The power to create your own stations and playlists
• Unique interactive news and sports programming
• On-demand access to millions of songs and albums with subscription
• Offline data-free listening on mobile with subscription
Check out LiveXLive.com and follow @livexlive on social media for announcements about upcoming events and exciting new features.
Want to get the most out of LiveXLive Powered by Slacker?
Subscribe to LiveXLive Plus:
• Ad-free listening
• Maximum audio quality
• Unlimited skips
• Auto renews monthly at $3.99 USD
Subscribe to LiveXLive Premium:
• All the benefits of LiveXLive Plus
• Listen offline
• Play millions of songs and albums on demand
• Create your own playlists and stations
• Auto renews monthly at $9.99 USD
For all subscriptions, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account only after confirmation of purchase. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period with no change in price.
Your subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Brace yourself, because this release has some MAJOR updates:
- AirPlay disconnecting when a song ends? We fixed that.
- Want to get updates on upcoming events? Try the new notification bell on livestream event pages.
- Siri support for quick playback is here! Say "Hey Siri, Play [station name/artist name/song name/album name or playlist name] on Live X Live (or Slacker Radio)."
- Interactive news is back with AP News! Check out the new station and be sure to enable headline news to get hourly updates on top stories from around the world.
Ratings and Reviews
Better than Pandora
Slacker Radio is the answer to Pandora’s increasingly bad service. Like Pandora, Slacker Radio allows you to create custom radio stations with the ability to tell the station that you either like the current playing song or that you never want to play the current playing song again. However, Slacker Radio is better at this kind of service because it allows you to listen to original recordings that are not censored and it has better quality audio. I have tried Pandora and even paid a monthly subscription, but Pandora does not play original uncensored recordings despite the fact that I turned on explicit content. Perhaps some priggish Pandora users somehow caused Pandora to ban all explicit content? Or perhaps Pandora’s algorithm is mistakingly interpreting that I somehow don’t like explicit content, despite the fact that I turned on explicit content? I’m happy that Slacker does not have this problem and that it plays original uncensored music with high quality sound. Thanks for the great music, Slacker Radio, and keep the free-spirited uncensored music going—unhindered by the moralism that has apparently infected Pandora.
So close to perfection.
I love Slacker. I actually used it religiously about 10 years ago. It has always done a great job of mixing old and new with my custom stations. I left Slacker long ago when they made all the huge interface changes. I subscribed to Pandora and never really looked back.
Fast forward to this week. I decide to see what’s going on with Slacker. Plus I wanted to see if my old stations had any gems I forgot about. I downloaded the app and connected it to my car stereo. The first thing I noticed was the sound quality was way better. Everything sounded more full than my pandora music. 2nd is that unlike pandora, my phone didn’t got into “accessory mode” making it hard to control it the way I want. 3rd was the interface looks great! Much better than the old blue colors of pandora. My only thing with it is why is it so hard to get to my custom stations? I couldn’t care less about the premade stations, I want to see a list of mine the moment I open the app. Instead I have to go to my music, then scroll around until I find custom stations. It should either be there from the get go or one tap away. Another bonus that I never thought I would like... djs and little snippets of news in between songs. They are short and informative and really make it feel like a premium radio station. Remember the old XM radio? It’s similar to that. Now XM has mindless bla bla bla in between songs. This is different and they nailed it.
The best at playing what you're in the mood for
I've tried all of the other major music streaming apps and nothing beats livexlive/slacker where it counts: playing a station that you won't end up endlessly skipping through. The ability to play music that matches what you're in the mood for is second to none, and the ability to fine tune a station to play newer/older or similar/more diverse music gives you all of the power to play what you like. And you can like or dislike a song and it stays specific to the station. So maybe you don't want a pop song on your rock station, or maybe you do, and it won't affect if it'll play on another station. I have stations for all different types of moods and nothing else comes close to being able to do this at well. One knock: wish you could skip back to a previous song when on a station. Sometimes i wanna hear the same song a second time without leaving the station.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Slacker, Inc.
- 112.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2019 LiveXLive Media
- In-App Purchases
- LiveXLive Plus $3.99
- LiveXLive Premium $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.