Ready to improve student outcomes through family engagement? Livingtree Engage is a safe and secure platform used in classrooms, schools and districts to directly connect teachers and families. Unlike the variety of communication apps on the market, Engage was specifically designed for family engagement and is backed by the research-based practices of national family engagement expert Dr. Steve Constantino. As a part of Livingtree’s mission to improve family engagement efforts that lead to student success, the Engage platform was designed with simple social features to help families and educators build relationships and promote engagement in student learning.
“My parents are quickly aware of what’s going on in our classroom and our school. I don’t have to waste paper on sending home letters and notices. Livingtree provides a quick and easy way to engage your families and gives you the opportunity to communicate while saving time." – Lekishia Richardson, Elementary Teacher
“If you’re looking for a way to keep families engaged in what’s happening during the school day LivingTree empowers educators. It leverages the technology tools in the hands of families to make sure lines of communication stay open.” – Monica Burns (@ClassTechTips)
The Livingtree Engage iOS app features include:
• Conversation Feed – View an aggregation of posts from your classroom and school groups, and have two-way conversations.
• Post Creation – Easily compose a variety with the ability to add text, photos, videos, files, Text (SMS) Messages, and Polls. Additionally, you can plan ahead by scheduling your posts for specific days and times.
• Language Translation – include everyone in the conversation with translation into over 100 languages.
• Direct Messaging – Users can quickly send direct 1:1 messages, creating a seamless connection between educators and families.
• Calendar – A shared calendar allows districts, schools, teachers, and groups to post upcoming events, and includes volunteer and sign up management within each event. The calendar comes fully equipped with event notifications and reminders, and allows users to sync Livingtree events with their personal iCal, Google, or Outlook calendars.
• Notifications - Receive notifications in your preferred language and customize the ways you receive them.
Who Should Use Livingtree?
- Families, to engage and stay up to date with the learning lives of their children.
- Educators, to promote family engagement and create partnerships between home and school.
- PTAs / PTOs, to streamline communication, keep families informed, coordinate events, and manage volunteers.
- Group & Club Leaders / Coaches, to engage families, centralize communication, share highlights, post schedules, and organize signups and volunteers.
- Administrators, to build culture and community at the school and district level
Recognition of the Livingtree Engage platform:
2019 Communication Solution Award Finalist, EdTech Digest
2018 Administrative Solution EdTech Award Finalist, EdTech Digest
2018 Communication Solution EdTech Award Finalist, EdTech Digest
2017 Parent/Student Solution EdTech Award Finalist, EdTech Digest
2016 Gold Stevie Award for Community Involvement Program of the Year
2016 Silver Stevie Award for the Smartphone App of the Year
To learn more or access the desktop version, visit: http://learn.livingtree.com/engage
For Help & Support, or to report a problem, please visit: https://intercom.help/livingtree
-Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Frequent Bug Issues for Teachers
We constantly have problems with Living Tree that start to outweigh its benefits over other apps. Once I started using an iPhone 7, Living Tree stopped letting me post pictures through the app. I can only post on the desktop website, which makes it a hassle to upload pictures to the desktop rather than simply post them on the spot. Also, every time I send a message through the inbox I get an error message, and I don’t know if the message was sent or not. It’s really always something. And, apparently they make it really difficult to transfer students from the previous year into new classes. It has to be done entirely manually by a school admin and it’s not easy.
One other thing that they should change in the app is to allow teachers to search the parent directory (to send messages) by using the child’s name, not just the Parent name.
Our principal hasn't been receiving messages from parents FOR WEEKS due to problems with the app. It's not very intuitive to use, though after two years I've figured it out enough.
**I would love to see a bulletin board tab. Where Staff and PTO can post upcoming news like they would on a school bulletin. And gets taken down after the event.
Right now everything goes into one LONG feed under conversations. And finding an old post is harder than it should be.
LivingTree has made connecting with my school MUCH easier! I no longer have to go to 10 different places for information. I get to see pictures of my children in action and signing up for conferences or requests is super easy. Even better, my children are at different schools but everything is in one place for me including district announcements! My husband likes the daily digest option as well. Love this!
- Snowflake Technologies Inc.
- 72.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Snowflake Technologies, Inc., 2012-2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.