Now available as an Audio Unit extension (AUv3) allowing it to act as a powerful MIDI sequencer and clip launcher.
LK is a flexible remote control application for use with music software and hardware, providing a wide range of features and functionality to enhance the production and live performance of electronic music.
LK offers tight integration with Ableton Live using our free UBRIDGE desktop application, providing access and control of Ableton Live projects, with both wired and wireless connection options. LK has extensive MIDI capabilities too, allowing for communication and control of any MIDI compliant software or hardware, even apps running on the same device thanks to virtual MIDI support and AUv3 integration too.
LK is split into six unique modules, each available as a separate in-app purchase, offering great value that you can tailor to your specific needs.
See what’s inside:
- Control almost every aspect on Ableton Live, clips, tracks, devices and much more with MATRIX. You can also sequence MIDI hardware and software with the MATRIX module in MIDI mode. This powerful module has a built-in clip launcher and composer. It allows you to create multiple tracks and scenes and play clips in sync with time.
- Get the MPC feel on your touchscreen with PADS, featuring an arpeggiator and a chorder. When working in Ableton Live mode it automatically maps drum rack pad names to each pad on the app - never miss a pad again. Use it in MIDI mode to quickly play other synth apps.
- Extensive control of 128 parameters with CONTROLLER. Use knobs, faders, buttons and pads to control MIDI hardware, desktop and mobile DAWs - now with the power of AUv3 integration too.
- Three dimensional parameter tweaking with X/Y PAD. This module can work with CC or NOTE events. In CC mode, a CC can be assigned per axis. In NOTE mode, X is pitch, Y is velocity and Z is Note ON/ Note OFF.
- Play chords like you have never played before with the CHORDER module. Use this chord generator to build chords and lay them out according to your needs.
- Keyboard features a 3-axis expression capabilities. It is fully customisable to scale and keyboard range. It also allows the possibility of mapping any Live or MIDI CC parameters to be controlled by the position you play in each of the keys of the keyboard thus providing additional expression to the performance of each note.
LK is also capable of connecting with USB MIDI interfaces which allows you to interact with external gear.
To connect LK to your host computer you will need to download and install a free software utility called UBRIDGE on your computer. It is available for Windows and OSX and it can be downloaded from Imaginando website.
For detailed operation information and requirements please visit www.imaginando.pt/products/lk/help/setup
- Fix Apple Pencil support
- Fix note min length
- Fix timeline disappearing
- Fix notes delete on move and overlap
- Fix quantized recording
- Fix note off when track is muted while playing
- Fix tempo when hosted (AUv3)
- Fix host play state sync (AUv3)
- Fix clock source label (AUv3)
- General bug fixes and optimizations
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
couple bugs but great interface
looks beautiful and controls work very seemlessly with ableton. they just need to fix a bug where ableton cannot select multiple tracks while using LK. i believe this is because LK is unable to select multiple tracks with Matrix. i’ve also ran into bugs where it would crash when sometimes selecting a track with the keyboard. otherwise it’d be a 5 from me, i do believe this app has a lot of potential despite these issues and would love to see these being fixed!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your feedback. We'd love to talk to you about the issues you are facing in a bit more detail. If you'd like to get in touch via our website contact page, we would be happy to help you out.
This app is magnificent. I am currently without any music-making hardware, so the MIDI keyboard and pads features are a godsend. The latency isn’t great over WiFi but with a simple usb connection from your iPhone/iPad to your computer it works beautifully. All the features of this app are amazing and I’m stoked to start working with it. I have a small iPhone so I might have to get an iPad just for this! The potential applications for live performance are already getting me excited. Perhaps the best part is the fact that you can pay for only the features you need, so you’re not buying a $20 app with a bunch of unnecessary stuff, depending on what you’re trying to do with it. Best music production-related app I’ve seen in a very long time, highly recommended.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for such an awesome review! We're really happy to hear that you are enjoying LK; feedback like this means so much to us and is very much appreciated.
GREAT APP FOR ABLETON LIVE 10
To the devs; my only request is to please add a 64 pad option in the pad module. And now for the good part of the review...
I used to own an app named ControlR which was the perfect performance controller for Live. However the company folded or something and the app disappeared after I bought all the controller modules (quite upset about that). This app seems almost the same but with the added ability to control any class compliant midi device. I definitely love this.
After testing LK I'm sold on at least 3/6 modules. I really wish other developers would follow this demo-model that Imaginando uses so that it doesn't feel like it's a gamble buyingn apps. I tested the apps (LK and DRC) and used all of the features for a limited time until the prompt where I decided.
Last but not least, to those reading this and comparing to Touchable Pro; I would class LK as a performance midi controller (and then some), NOT a full interface for Ableton Live (like Touchable Pro is). I personally prefer this because I have no desire to go deep into Live from my iPad. No way.
Keep up the good work, devs. Cheers.
Developer Response ,
Thanks Kibwe! Really great to hear that LK's structure works for you - thank you for your kind words :)
- Imaginando Lda
- 83.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Imaginando
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Matrix $8.99
- Unlock MIDI Pads $3.99
- Unlock MIDI Controller $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.