Throw on your diving helmet, and head into the depths of the sea! Dive off the coast of Maine for lobster traps - you might even snatch the elusive blue lobster. But watch out for that pesky electric eel!
* Ideal for middle school and upper elementary students, grades 3-8.
* Addresses number and operations standards established by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), including:
=> Understand numbers, ways of representing numbers, and number systems.
=> Understand and represent commonly used fractions.
=> Understand fractions as part of unit wholes and as locations on number lines.
=> Compare and order fractions, and find their approximate locations on the number line.
* Developed as part of the "Math Snacks" initiative and Maine Cooperative Extension. Other free animations, activities, and games are available through the Math Snacks web site at http://mathsnacks.org.
* Developed by mathematics educators, researchers, and game developers at the Learning Games Lab at New Mexico State University. Games developed by the Learning Games Lab undergo a rigorous instructional design process, extensive user testing, and input from learners, teachers, and researchers. For more information about the NMSU Learning Games Lab, visit http://learninggameslab.org.
Pearl Diver was developed in part under a cooperative agreement from the U.S. Department of Education. However, this does not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government. Funded in part by U.S. Department of Education: Award Number U295A050004.
Removed OpenFeint support, since the service is shutting down.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My students love this game! We just wish that you could get power ups or have a faster time with no eels.
I LOVE this game until I steps playing it for a while. I would be able to play but no, so here is the story. I am on my phone ready to play until it says I need to update it, so I say ok I will just update it. I go to the App Store and surch it up press it. And it says no updates. So there is something wrong and I went to the Apple to store to see if it was just my phone, but NO. So I say “DONT GET THIS APP IT IS A SCAM.”
Dive for Lobsters!
Make math fun.
- New Mexico State University Board of Regents
- 26.9 MB
Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 NMSU Board of Regents
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.