The Lobster grand remote control allows for use of an Apple Watch, iPhone, iPod, or iPad to command every feature of the Lobster grand or phenom tennis ball machines, plus depending on the model, you can create, alter, save or delete drills. On the grand five, grand five le and phenom two, players can create up to 12 custom court drills consisting of six sequential shots with each shot programmed to one of up to 18 possible locations on the court. From there, user can assign an independent ball speed, ball spin, and ball feed rate for each shot within the custom drill and then save it. The options are endless!
A set-up guide can be downloaded from the app or from lobstersports.com (on the grand remote for Apple page).
The Lobster grand remote control app only works with a grand or phenom machine which has the remote for Apple wi-fi receiver installed. To upgrade your machine, please contact Lobster Sports at 800.526.4041.
Updated for iOS 13.
Ratings and Reviews
iOS app works, not the watchOS app
The iOS app works great but the watchOS app doesn't seem to work at all. I can't figure what's wrong. It doesn't seem to respond to any input.
Connects to lobster wifi but app can't connect on iPhone or watch. For 300$ add on this is a complete joke and I'll be getting a refund
Check out the Playmate Tennis App
Living off the great past. Unwilling or unable to move to the future. The ball machine is good for feeding balls. But it could do so much more if they created firmware that really made it great. You have manual mode - use it to recreate on shot. Now try program that exact shot into a drill. All the controls are taken away and the “machine does it for you” but it does it terribly so there is no way to really program a sequence into the machine. The playmate machine can but costs a lot more.
FOR THE LOVE OF TENNIS PLEASE UPDATE THIS APP!!!
1. You can't find the app if you search for lobster tennis ball machine app or similar.
2. Can't build a library of shots and then just assemble the ones you want.
3. The ball machine is good at spitting out single balls / double lines etc but almost impossible to program as their 3 row approach means you lose control about how you get a ball to a certain location line drive? Lob? Etc. it chooses the "how" for you.
PlayMate Tennis has created an amazing app. Wish I had gone with them instead of Lobster. This app is poorly made in comparison and lacks a lot of features.
Earlier review (still stands)
You have to pay $499 for a remote and iPhone remote so you would expect this to be amazing. But it is not:
1. Does not connect quickly and if the phone turns off it is quicker to quit the app and then wait and then reopen the app and hope it works. It often does not and you have to repeat the process.
2. The remote does not have all the controls that the back panel does.
3. You cannot build up a huge library of drills on your phone and then load up the ones you want. They should look at how PlayMate does their app - includes video of the drill and you can create a big library of plays and load up what you want.
The app feels amateurish and needs a total redesign.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Lob-ster, Inc.
- 7.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Lob-ster, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.