Cast webvideos, local videos, music or pictures to a Chromecast, Apple TV or Smart TV.
FROM your iPhone, iPad or iPod or NAS, DLNA/UPnP, Google Drive, Dropbox or a webpage
TO AppleTV 4th Gen, Chromecast, Nexus Player, Amazon Fire TV, SmartTV, Sonos, Xbox 360, Xbox One or other DLNA devices.
Browse webpages in the app. If a streamable video is found on the page you can send it to your TV.
// Pro Version
The app is free and fully functional. In order to keep the app free there are advertisements on the bottom of the screen and sometimes a fullscreen ad will pop up. You can disable both type of ads, by purchasing the Pro Version via the in-app purchase.
Please be aware that the Chromecast only supports a couple of formats. Videos stored on your iPhone, iPad or iPod will be transcoded automatically. For videos on other sources:
The Chromecast can read containers like mp4, mkv, 3gp and m4v, but all these containers can use different codecs. If you can't hear the audio of a video, then the audio codec is not supported. If you can't see the video but hear the audio, then the video codec is not supported.
If you cast from your device or DLNA, the album cover will be displayed on the TV. Playlists will be added soon.
On a Chromecast, Nexus Player or other Cast device:
You can rotate, zoom and pan pictures easily from the "Now playing" screen, just touch the button with the four arrows.
If you use a Chromecast, Nexus Player or other Cast device:
Subtitles from DLNA servers will be added automatically. You can use the integrated Opensubtitles.org search to add a subtitle manually.
Internal subtitles which are inside the video container don't work.
// Follow me
// Chromecast & Nexus Player supported formats
// Recommended PC software to convert your files:
// In app purchases:
The app is free and ads supported, the ads can be removed via an in app purchase.
I am just one independent developer working on my apps whenever I can, without a big budget for testing on various devices. If you find a bug please contact me via Facebook, Google+ or email and I'll try to fix it ASAP. Thanks for your support and happy casting!
Fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A Chromecast that actually works!
Four stars because I haven’t found a user guide, and because the app has not been updated for two years. I am amazed it actually works after so many iOS updates. There are some peculiarities, and if there is a user guide I need to read it. I won’t go into the incredible difficulty I have had trying to get iTunes onto my so called smart tv, but it has taken two years and 120 bucks. I hope iPadOS 14 doesn’t blow this app out of the water, because an app not updated for two years has been abandoned by its dev.
Nope, still won't connect after latest update!!
Under the tab "DNLA/Upnp" your app used to connect fine to my "WDMyCloud" drive it used to work great until you redesigned the look awhile back and broke something. Now under "DNLA/Upnp" it still sees my WDMyCloud drive and it shows icons of content including all the photos, videos & music on my drive. BUT it will NOT play anything anymore. When a video or music or photo there is clicked now it says "NOT connected, touch the amber button in the lower right to connect." So then I do that and it just forever reads "Scanning network for devices...". It stays stuck there forever & thus is not working now. It used to work fine & was great until the latest recent updates, (thank goodness your Apple TV app still works). The new iPhone app design looks very nice but since it broke the app from playing anything that it still sees and shows on my drive but will not play any of it then what's the point of having it if it shows the contents but won't play any of it anymore now. (Maybe go back to the simpler design at least it worked then.) Please fix ASAP and then I will reconsider the review, thanks.
Developer Response ,
To which device do you want to connect?
Two issues with the app:
1) description says the app is free but the cost is $3.99 and a pro version is IAP for $0.00. So basically you have to buy the app to test it even though developer says it’s “free and fully functional” in the app description.
2) the app has all sorts of issues. Confusing and hard to figure out. If not giving access to all pics but only select - it does not populate and doesn’t show any files even though I’ve selected several. Had to redownload just to give access to all pics/videos. Then all populated. However, when streaming a video it loops the same video over and over even though I’m selecting different videos to play. I had to restart the app just to play a different video and it happens every time. Developer claims you can play video files in only a couple of formats which is ok but there are zero instructions on how to play video files that are not in your camera roll. I would delete this app in a heart beat but man, having spent $4 just to see how raw and lousy the app is made just breaks my heart.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Stefan Pledl
- 78.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 10.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 Stefan Pledl
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Version
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.