LocaToWeb is a GPS tracker that shares your position to web in real time. Friends and family can follow you live on a map at locatoweb.com when a track is running. The app gives you duration, distance, speed and altitude as well as your exact position and track lines on a map while tracking.
The web site stores your tracks in an archive under your account that enables you to log in and view and edit your tracks. Using the app you can be as anonymous as you like since you track under an Alias, and you can even set the tracks to be private (not visible to everyone).
The app only track your position when a track has been set up and started, and lasts until you stop it. It is frequently used to track bicycle rides, road trips, hiking trips and other outdoor adventures where you want to show your friends and family where you are, or to simply track your rides for your own pleasure.
There is also a safety aspect of using LocaToWeb. If you have the track running and something happens, your wife, husband and friends can see the exact location of where you are. Maybe you are riding your bike and falls off hitting your head, or you just want to be safe when walking home alone at night.
- Share your position to web in real time
- Monitor duration, distance, speed and altitude
- See your exact position and track line on a map
- Capture and upload photos while tracking
- Set up race groups that tracks several participants
- Timer start with count down
- Choose your units system (metric/imperial)
- Possible to keep the screen alive while tracking
- Resume a track that has been stopped
- Choose between bright and dark theme
- View and edit your archived tracks anytime on the web site
- Just install and track, no registering is required
Note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great features for price
I am on a Fifty day motorcycle ride and LocaToWeb works great in the States. I did have issues in Canada but that could have been my phone
I tried to use this so friends could see where i was during an event and after a couple hits to the website to track me- it started to try to charge everybody money to track me. Then, at best, only tracked me intermittently. Dont buy it. Im sure now that i deleted the app they will try to keep changing me for some hidden subscription. Save your money and go with something else.
Developer Response ,
Hi DoCh. LocaToWeb now automatically switch to a free map service (OpenLayers/OSM) when there are no Google Map loads left. No re-fill is required for the map to continue to work. BTW, there are no hidden subscription.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jarle Mjaasund
- 25.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 LocaToWeb.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.