Password protect any macOS application from unauthorised usage without modifying anything in your system settings and/or applications.
It is save to use !
- Invisible For The Eyes : Lock Pro works as a background process and does not uses any CPU load while idle.
- Caught on Camera : See who tried to launch your protected applications with failed attempts.
- Access Scheduling for locked apps.
- Logging : Keep track when someone tries to start your protected apps.
- Premium support by email.
- Fixed issue with the logs.
- Fixed memory leak.
Ratings and Reviews
This app does what it promises
I like Lock Pro a lot more than other locking apps that are out there at the moment. I've tried Cisdem App Crypt, but I feel that Lock Pro is cleaner looking because it feels like something Apple would make. There are a couple of things I don't like but they are definitely not deal breakers.
1. I wish they would allow Touch ID to be used to unlock apps. I think this could be achieved through the use of the APIs for Local Authentication fingerprint checking. This would allow the lock screen to complete the passcode requirement with Touch ID verification. I have a MacBook Pro w/Touchbar and I love it when apps use Touch ID as an option for user verification.
2. There is also a slightly odd animation effect when the app opens that I I don't like. The app looks like it is opening, and you see the lock screen for a second. The then screen goes blank for a few more seconds before the lock screen comes back on. This animation issue is something that I believe will be ironed out with future updates.
In short, if you want a way to secure applications on your Mac then this is the app for you.
Please add touch ID support
Adding touch ID support will give you 5 stars.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.