Lockdown is a two-factor authentication app that works with any online service that is compatible with Google Authenticator or 1Password 2FA.
Lockdown has several added benefits over other two-factor authentication app offerings on iOS, including:
- Ability to sync your account information via iCloud to multiple devices (and soon to Lockdown for Mac)
- Ability to restore your accounts when upgrading to a new device, or when restoring iOS to an existing device
- Automatic setup with a 2D barcode provided by an online service
- Ability to sort and find accounts based on favorites
- Backup 2FA accounts by AirPrinting or Emailing a PDF containing barcodes of your accounts. Easily re-scan accounts into the app, or transfer your accounts to other 2FA apps.
Examples of sites that Lockdown will work with, includes: Google, Google Apps, Dropbox, GitHub, and many more.
To use Lockdown, you need to enable 2-Step verification on your online accounts, and add them to Lockdown.
For support, and further help with Lockdown, please visit http://help.cocoaapp.com
- Fixes a bug where searching for an item and tapping it would take the user to the wrong item
- Adds Bitcoin icon
- Lockdown for Mac is now available for free for a limited time on the Mac App Store
Ratings and Reviews
This does what it says it'll do. My complaints are as follows:
- Codes (expired, of course) are visible in the app switcher
- Needs more vendor/service icons
- Top nav bar covers the icon and countdown circle when viewing the account (not in list view, but "fullscreens" view)
Apple Watch app is pretty handy and it works well. I bought this instead of Authy because I like that it uses iCloud to sync.
Great app but missing iPad support
The only thing I wish this app had was iPad support, but I assume it is not coming at this point...
No bs UI, I like it. Also great companion Mac app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.