Over 1 billion tracking attempts blocked - featured by Forbes: "Meet Lockdown, The App That Reveals Who’s Tracking You On Your iPhone" -March 2020 (Editors' Pick)
Lockdown blocks trackers and badware in all your apps, blocking an estimated 100 million trackers per month for over 300,000 people.
— Comprehensive Protection —
Lockdown has two privacy features: Firewall and Secure Tunnel VPN. Each feature protects you from different threats, creating the complete solution for protecting your personal data, browsing history, and sensitive connections.
FIREWALL — Blocks Hidden Trackers: The world's first on-device, open source blocker that stops ads, trackers, and badware in all your apps.
— FIREWALL FEATURES —
- Simple, one-tap to get protected against thousands of trackers for most users
- Fully customizable blocking for advanced users: block any domain / service
- Works for all apps, not just the browser
- Useful preconfigured block lists that are updated every week
- Blocking works "on-device" meaning it does all of its blocking without sending all your data to a third party server, unlike other blocking apps
— SECURE TUNNEL FEATURES —
- Hide your location and unique IP address with one tap
- Keeps you safe on public wi-fi hotspots and sites
- Stops spying from snoopers and your ISP or cellular provider
- Ultrafast with over a dozen regions globally
— TRANSPARENCY YOU CAN TRUST —
- Lockdown is Openly Operated certified with a public 38-page audit report, and audited multiple times by security professionals
- View full OpenAudit Report: https://openaudit.com/lockdownprivacy
— UNPARALLELED PRIVACY —
- Open Source: Since firewalls have access to *everything* you do, it's critical that any firewall you use should be open source. Lockdown is 100% open source.
- On-Device: Lockdown does its magic on-device and doesn't connect to any servers, or third-party analytics, or anything else. This way, everything you do stays private to you.
— PRESS COVERAGE —
- Business Insider
- Cult of Mac
- The Mac Observer
Follow us on Twitter: @lockdown_hq
Send your questions and comments to email@example.com
Lockdown - https://lockdownprivacy.com
The Lockdown Secure Tunnel VPN subscription grants unlimited data and encryption through the Lockdown VPN service. Lockdown VPN subscriptions have a free one week trial, after which you will be charged through your iTunes account. Price may vary by location. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription early. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings.
*** NEW AUDIT - APRIL 2021 ***
Lockdown Privacy passed audits for the third time for its Openly Operated certification, with 582 source code references verified by security professionals and engineers.
View the full OpenAudit report @ https://openaudit.com/lockdownprivacy
This version is updated to reflect the new report, and also includes the following updates:
- COMPATIBILITY: Updated whitelist for some academic sites for a better experience
Ratings and Reviews
Stopped Working In Background..(UPDATE)
UPDATE: I figured out with some trial & error that this app will continue to block trackers in the background but only if you have the VPN “secure tunnel” activated in the app with “background app refresh” turned on. The “Firewall” must also be turned on. If you only have the “firewall” activated but not the VPN “secure tunnel”, it does not seem to block trackers like Facebook that collect data on you while you sleep. I’m adding one star. It would be great if they made the firewall work by itself in the background because I’d rather not use a VPN at home, but I can live with it for now. Overall, I really like this app & company and recommend this product.
I’ve been using Lockdown for about six months now. At first, I thought it was amazing. It would block many add trackers like Facebook and Google, even while I slept at night. However, I noticed recently that those trackers stopped showing up in my “tracking log” each morning. “App Background Refresh” is turned on, but it makes no difference. Nothing seems to be getting blocked unless I am actively using my phone. This is a big concern, and I hope they can figure out what’s going on or I will need to start looking at other options.
Developer Response ,
Hi Mattie Pie, thanks for your reviews and comments. Sorry about the issue you're seeing - the app should definitely continue blocking trackers in both conditions that you described. We can't seem to reproduce the bug that you're describing, can you please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you out?
It simply stopped working
After 3 weeks of the app it simply stopped blocking any trackers, I would go into the app and it would show the firewall is off and it would turn back on only to still not block any trackers whatsoever. It was working great beforehand but then it kept forcing me to connect to the vpn that I wasn’t subscribed to and it keeps connecting me to the vpn but since I didn’t pay for it my phone doesn’t have access to the internet on top of e firewall not working. Hopefully this gets addressed in the future because as of now this app is slowing down my phone.
Update: ok so I even got the vpn trial and I turned off low power mode and I turned background app refresh on and it STILL won’t turn on the firewall. What do I have to do to get it to turn on?
A good work in progress
I like that the blocking component is free and only the vpn service costs money. What I don’t like is the inability to whitelist individual domains. If you see a domain being blocked and it’s causing in app problems (like the games that give you bonuses for watching a 30sec clip), you have no way of easily figuring out which list that domain sits in. Then you can only set the entire list from being ignored, which defeats the purpose of having this app. If there were an option in the log to select and authorize the hostname or domain or a separate ignore list where you could add one off domains that would be useful.
Developer Response ,
Hi NoDroidUser, thanks for your reviews and comments. To whitelist a domain, simply tap the "Whitelist" button in the app and add the domain you wish to whitelist. Be sure to reload the Firewall for it to take effect. Let me know if that helps - please reach out to email@example.com for any other issues so we can help, thanks!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Confirmed, Inc.
- 89.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Confirmed, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- One Month of Lockdown VPN $7.99
- One Year of Lockdown VPN $49.99
- One Month of Lockdown VPN Pro $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.