Lockdown is the world's first Open Source firewall for iOS -- and now available on Mac! Lockdown allows you to block any connection to any domain and protecting your privacy across the web. For free.
— FEATURES —
- Block any domain / service
- Works for all apps, not just the browser
- Useful preconfigured defaults
- See what's being blocked
- Optional VPN for additional privacy
— BEST-IN-CLASS PRIVACY —
- Open Source: Since firewalls have access to *everything* you do, it's critical that any firewall you use should be open source. Lockdown is 100% open source.
- On-Device: Lockdown does its magic on-device and doesn't connect to any servers, or third-party analytics, or anything else. This way, everything you do stays private to you.
— PRESS COVERAGE —
- App Store's "Apps We Love" - Featured February 2020
- Business Insider
- Cult of Mac
- The Mac Observer
Follow us on Twitter: @lockdown_hq
Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lockdown - https://lockdownhq.com
- FIX: Resolved an issue with signing into some videoconferencing apps
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I've been using and paying for ProtonVPN for years. Have enjoyed the vast amount of server options and their security, but good luck maintaining a solid connection to any of their VPN servers (on iOS or macOS).
Recently I tried Lockdown on iOS, but just for the firewall. Noticed it blocked most annoying noise and crap ads while browsing, even while using freemium aps. So then I gave the VPN trial a shot. IT JUST WORKS. To my surprise, I've had the same consistent performance on my M1 Air.
Nearly perfect! My only issues are
1) some websites will think I'm a DDoS attack, but that happened on ProtonVPN too. On both services I just switch to another VPN server. Would be nice to have more choices instead of just East/West US.
2) Not sure if Netflix is getting smarter, but haven't been able to "pop in" to another country and get their regional Netflix. Not really a big deal though, but would be nice.
3) Don't see any performance issues even though it's running in Rosetta, but hopefully an M1 version is coming :)
Overall super impressed with stability and reliability of this VPN! Happy customer.
Almost a gold standard
The ad tracking is better than my browser plugin and appears to block even more ads while also preserving website functionality!
Developer Response ,
Hey Zach888 - thanks for the generous praise! As you know we do provide a built in Secure Tunnel VPN if you want full compatibility with Lockdown Firewall. That does come with a 1-week risk-free trial if you're in the market later on for VPNs. Our VPN is also 100% open source and is the *most* transparent VPN in the world - you can read the audit reports here: https://openlyoperated.org/report/confirmedvpn
Not ready for prime time....
Let me say the Mac app works fine alone and like, on ios and iPad OS, NO issues. Except!
I use Express VPN on all devices. Lockdown will not work with Express VPN. One or the other has to be OFF for the other to work. ON together, they break the connection to the internet on Safari and I refuse to use other browsers. Having my present IP address covered, masked by the VPN is more important than the trackers. I've been using Express VPN for 3 years. It works and there is no logging.
I've been using 1Blocker on Safari several years as well and it just works. 1Blocker does work with Lockdown fine, no issues.
I do not want to use Lockdown's vpn until it has been reviewed by Macworld, OSX Daily, Tom's Hardware etc.
Lastly, I will not be looking at this review to see your reply. I don't know why Apple can't notify when a responce is posted, since one has to be signed in to leave a review anyway, having a little script running looking for reply posts seems simple. None-the-less, if Express VPN is on and I turn on Lockdown, it breaks the established connection. If Lockdown is on and I turn on Evpn, it will never connect. Same thing on iOS or iPad OS. Handshake?
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Confirmed, Inc.
- 7.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Confirmed, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.