Logic Pro is the most advanced version of Logic ever. Sophisticated creative tools for professional songwriting, beat making, editing, and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro includes a massive collection of instruments, effects, loops and samples, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
Professional Music Production
• Record and edit MIDI or audio using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Keep takes organized with take folders and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Track Alternatives let you create and switch between different playlists of regions and edits on a track
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Use Smart Tempo to import audio and have it automatically conform to your project BPM
• Comprehensive mix and plug-in parameter automation can be part of a region or track
• Perform and mix from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad or iPhone
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
Drum Production and Beat Making
• Use Drum Machine Designer to build and perform your own custom kits
• Program beats, bass lines and melodic parts using Step Sequencer
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic, or hip-hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Choose among 33 distinct drummers that can take your direction and perform millions of unique grooves
• Use Sampler to quickly create and edit sophisticated multi-sampled instruments
• Import a single audio file or record directly into Quick Sampler to instantly build a playable instrument
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral, and modeling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, a powerful sample manipulation synthesizer
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Play faithful models of classic organs, keyboards, and vintage synths
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion, and modulation stompboxes
Creative and Production Effects
• Access a professional collection of vintage and modern delays, EQs and compressors
• Play your sounds through a variety of realistic acoustic spaces or creative synthesized reverbs
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Over 4,300 instrument and effect patches
• 1,800 meticulously sampled instruments
• More than 10,000 Apple Loops in wide range of genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Share to GarageBand option allows you to remotely add new tracks to your Logic project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro workflows
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
• Open projects from Logic 5 or later
6GB available storage space for minimum install / 72GB storage space for full Sound Library installation
• Fixes an issue where high latency plug-ins could cause timing issues for side-chain routing and automation
• Includes stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
It's a no brainer.
If you have a Mac and make music this is the DAW you want. I have been using Logic for about six months straight now. I had it for several years but used other DAWs. I cranked it up again and it just clicked with me. It does everything you need it to do to make music, period. It has never crashed on me and I never have glitches with it. I haven't been able to crash it yet but I'm still working on it. For the price Logic is a steal. The quality and sheer number of stock devices that it comes with is amazing. It supports AU although developers are still catching up with the M1 so be careful some of your plug ins might not run. But everything runs smooth in Catalina on an Intel based MacBook Pro. It also runs great on an M1 Mac Mini but some hard ware and plug ins aren't supported yet in Big Sur. Plus if you run an ios device you get Logic Remote and that speeds up your work flow. Got an iPad? Use idam and record audio and midi over usb. What else do you want? No it's not perfect but what DAW is? But for the price in my opnion it's one of best DAWs out there. It's the only reason why I use an apple computer.
Resourceful and easy yet sooo glitchy
I thought I'd write a review because of a forewarning but also benefits of having this product. Logic is great for certain things. Production: yes. You want to build a big song out of almost every instrument you can think of and it's all included in the software. Pro Tools doesn't even come close to that. It's all included and pro tools you have to pay for any of that. Ease of turning it on and getting it going: yes. I can't stand Pro Tools on how you have to be online to use it and then updates it won't allow you to use it until you update it. So frustrating that app. But Logic, you can open and open your projects faster than Pro Tools. Unlimited tracks. The help feature is great. I took a course on Logic and Pro Tools and Logic is way easier. Okay, now the downfall for Logic. It is so glitchy. You can't trust it lol You'll be working on a project and hit a wrong key on accident and there's no undo history for some many of the aspects of it. It's so annoying and frustrating. Editing is a drag. Probably the worst part. Even the Logic teacher told the class that. It's easier to export to Pro Tools and go that way. Logic crashes way more than Pro Tools. I don't get it. But, if you can get past all of that, than Logic is the way to go. Please fix all this. You can do so much better than Pro Tools. You have the potential. Take it to the next level!
before purchasing a MacBook, i knew all i was going to use it for was a portable DAW for Logic Pro x, i was largly debting between the pro and the air, after 1 week i am glad to report that the macbook air i purchased is fully capable of running Logic Pro x, with many tracks, and the battery life is great. logic is like the lungs ofmy studio, allowing everything to breath no matter where i am. i love logics wide variety of stock sounds that come with the software, also the parameters in which you can adjust sounds are seemingly infinite. overall if i had to chnage anyhting with logic it would be to automatically connect when linking instruments and midi connections. after the learning curve associated with logic and pairing instruments/ running channels was all figured out i was in a creative environment. also one more tip of advice would be to allow siri to communicate and help me accomplish easy tasks like, “hitting record” “pausing” adding in an automated drummer and stufff like that would be pretty awesome to have at my fingertips. but as a simple multit track organizer i couldnt be more pleased. i do also have hard times navigating my main workig space. i believe a touch screen for logic would be of great assistance in the workflo issue associated with all technology
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 1.1 GB
- Requires macOS 10.15.7 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2004-2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.