Logic Pro X is the most advanced version of Logic ever. Sophisticated tools for professional songwriting, editing, and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get creative results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro X includes a massive collection of instruments, effects, and loops, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
• Consolidate and control multiple tracks or create rich, layered instruments with Track Stacks
• Smart Controls allow you to manipulate multiple plug-ins and parameters with a single move
• Support for the Touch Bar on MacBook Pro provides convenient controls for creating, editing and navigating your songs
• Autosave keeps your work safe and sound
Professional Music Production
• Record and edit MIDI or audio using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Keep takes organized with take folders and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Track Alternatives let you create and switch between different playlists of regions and edits on a track
• Render any combination of effect plug-ins to a selection of audio using Selection-based Processing
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Comprehensive mix and plug-in parameter automation can be part of a region or track
• Create and mix music from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad or iPhone
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic, or hip hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Choose among 28 distinct drummers that can take your direction and perform millions of unique grooves
• Build your own acoustic drum kits with Drum Kit Designer using a collection of deeply sampled drums
• Customize the sound of your electronic beats using Drum Machine Designer
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral, and modeling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer
• Play or create a wide variety of rich sampled instruments with the EXS24 Sampler
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Play faithful models of classic organs, keyboards, and vintage synths
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion, and modulation stompboxes
• Access the Tuner with just a click to quickly get in tune
Creative and Production Effects
• Play your sounds through realistic acoustic spaces using Space Designer convolution reverb
• Use a range of multi-tap, vintage tape, and stereo delays
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Over 2800 instrument and effect Patches
• 1000 meticulously sampled instruments
• More than 7000 Apple Loops in wide range of genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Share to GarageBand option allows you to remotely add new tracks to your Logic project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro X workflows
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
• Open projects from Logic 5 or later
Minimum System Requirements
Display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher
macOS v10.13.6 or later
Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
6GB available disk space for minimum install / 63GB hard disk space for full Sound Library installation
• Addresses an issue where some VoiceOver controls became unavailable
• This update also contains additional stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
before purchasing a MacBook, i knew all i was going to use it for was a portable DAW for Logic Pro x, i was largly debting between the pro and the air, after 1 week i am glad to report that the macbook air i purchased is fully capable of running Logic Pro x, with many tracks, and the battery life is great. logic is like the lungs ofmy studio, allowing everything to breath no matter where i am. i love logics wide variety of stock sounds that come with the software, also the parameters in which you can adjust sounds are seemingly infinite. overall if i had to chnage anyhting with logic it would be to automatically connect when linking instruments and midi connections. after the learning curve associated with logic and pairing instruments/ running channels was all figured out i was in a creative environment. also one more tip of advice would be to allow siri to communicate and help me accomplish easy tasks like, “hitting record” “pausing” adding in an automated drummer and stufff like that would be pretty awesome to have at my fingertips. but as a simple multit track organizer i couldnt be more pleased. i do also have hard times navigating my main workig space. i believe a touch screen for logic would be of great assistance in the workflo issue associated with all technology
Logic Pro X… the best gets better!
I have tried many DAW’s. I have used Live, Cubase, Bitwig and Pro Tools. They are all excellent and capable DAWs. However, after using Logic Pro X, it is hard to migrate to any other music software. I find myself able to create music with relative ease that the other DAWs just are not capable of. The MIDI capabilities alone are second to none in Logic and the ability to compose music in all styles makes it the best of the best.
Another huge plus is the constant and free updates Apple provides… updates that are really upgrades in the quality and number of plug-ins and soft instruments built into the program.
I have Waves Mercury, 2 UAD octo cores with most of their plugs, Sound Toys, Plugin Alliance, Sonnox, Melodyne, Izotope and others… all at their latest iterations and they work flawlessly.
Composing music or just recording a band is easy with this software. Whether you are into acoustic, jazz, electronica or rock, this software package is the best there is and gets updated constantly by Apple.
Apple takes this software very seriously and I commend them for their excellence. Version 10.4 is stunning.
EXS24 is broken and has been since Logic 9
If you have EXS instruments created in a Logic version prior to L9 - there is a problem for the EXS to find the samples. Unlike all Logic versions before 9, there is no option to manually show the EXS where to look for the samples. If you are lucky enough to have the original old hard drive you created the samples on, and you are able to somehow connect it to your Mac - it will work. But copy the folder of samples to your new drive(s) and it stops working. Better hope your old drive doens’t die. Appe engineering is aware of the problem - they just don’t care. This doesn’t matter if you are a relative new user of Logic - but for us old-timers ( I have been in Logic since vers 3) it is a huge problem. As it is known, that Apple bought up Redmatica, who produced the program, that would fix this (EXS Manager) - it is a mystery that functionality hasn’t been made available at least, if they don’t want to fix Spotlight ( which is the underlying problem). Shame on you Apple for messing up Emagic’s great product. Lots of long standing bugs have never been fixed in Logic, but with every update new bugs are introduced. Good luck running a session relying on punching into a track. It doesn’t work reliably. Zoom settings are having random weird problems.
- Apple Inc.
- 1.5 GB
macOS 10.13.6 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2004-2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.