Logic Pro is a complete collection of sophisticated creative tools for professional songwriting, beat making, editing, and mixing, built around a modern interface that’s designed to get results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro includes a massive collection of instruments, effects, loops and samples, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
Professional Music Production
• Use a complete set of spatial audio authoring tools that provide everything you need to mix and export your music for Dolby Atmos
• Use Live Loops to capture inspiration and quickly build arrangements by mixing and matching loops, samples, and your recordings
• Record and edit MIDI or audio using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Keep takes organized with take folders and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Track Alternatives let you create and switch between different playlists of regions and edits on a track
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Use Smart Tempo to import audio and have it automatically conform to your project BPM
• Perform and mix from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad or iPhone
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
Drum Production and Beat Making
• Use Drum Machine Designer to build and perform your own custom kits
• Program beats, bass lines and melodic parts using Step Sequencer
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic, or hip-hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Use Sampler to quickly create and edit sophisticated multi-sampled instruments
• Import a single audio file or record directly into Quick Sampler to instantly build a playable instrument
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral, and modeling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, a powerful sample manipulation synthesizer
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Play faithful models of classic organs, keyboards, and vintage synths
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion, and modulation stompboxes
Creative and Production Effects
• Access a professional collection of vintage and modern delays, EQs and compressors
• Play your sounds through a variety of realistic acoustic spaces or creative synthesized reverbs
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Over 5,900 instrument and effect patches
• 1,200 meticulously sampled instruments
• 14,750 Apple Loops in a wide range of genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Share to GarageBand option allows you to remotely add new tracks to your Logic project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro workflows
• Export your spatial audio mix as a Dolby Atmos ADM file compatible with Apple Music
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
6GB available storage space for minimum install / 72GB storage space for full Sound Library installation
This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
It's a no brainer.
If you have a Mac and make music this is the DAW you want. I have been using Logic for about six months straight now. I had it for several years but used other DAWs. I cranked it up again and it just clicked with me. It does everything you need it to do to make music, period. It has never crashed on me and I never have glitches with it. I haven't been able to crash it yet but I'm still working on it. For the price Logic is a steal. The quality and sheer number of stock devices that it comes with is amazing. It supports AU although developers are still catching up with the M1 so be careful some of your plug ins might not run. But everything runs smooth in Catalina on an Intel based MacBook Pro. It also runs great on an M1 Mac Mini but some hard ware and plug ins aren't supported yet in Big Sur. Plus if you run an ios device you get Logic Remote and that speeds up your work flow. Got an iPad? Use idam and record audio and midi over usb. What else do you want? No it's not perfect but what DAW is? But for the price in my opnion it's one of best DAWs out there. It's the only reason why I use an apple computer.
before purchasing a MacBook, i knew all i was going to use it for was a portable DAW for Logic Pro x, i was largly debting between the pro and the air, after 1 week i am glad to report that the macbook air i purchased is fully capable of running Logic Pro x, with many tracks, and the battery life is great. logic is like the lungs ofmy studio, allowing everything to breath no matter where i am. i love logics wide variety of stock sounds that come with the software, also the parameters in which you can adjust sounds are seemingly infinite. overall if i had to chnage anyhting with logic it would be to automatically connect when linking instruments and midi connections. after the learning curve associated with logic and pairing instruments/ running channels was all figured out i was in a creative environment. also one more tip of advice would be to allow siri to communicate and help me accomplish easy tasks like, “hitting record” “pausing” adding in an automated drummer and stufff like that would be pretty awesome to have at my fingertips. but as a simple multit track organizer i couldnt be more pleased. i do also have hard times navigating my main workig space. i believe a touch screen for logic would be of great assistance in the workflo issue associated with all technology
There is no denying Logic Pro X is an excellent DAW. Having been forced to use it for school for the last twelve months I have gone from loathing it to enjoying my time with it. If this is the first DAW you purchase and plan on learning throughougly this is an excellent starting point as it is already industry standard. If you are already used to another DAW such Cake-walk, FL Studio, Ableton, or Studio One it will take some time to adjust to the new work flow and some of the interface/functions can be a bit unintuative, however, if you stick with it you will find a powerful and versatile piece of music production software. It makes scoring to picture a breeze and mixing in dolby/surround sound is simple and very intuitive. The one genre I would caution new uesrs againts making in Logic is EDM. Logic makes it extremely difficult to produce Electronic Dance Music, there is no snap to grid on the automation curves and the way it handles selection automation perameters in 3rd party VST's baffles me. You would have a much easier time starting out in FL-Studio or Ableton Live with EDM production, Logic will likely stiffle your creativity as an EDM producer if you've never opened a DAW before.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 1.1 GB
- Requires macOS 12.3 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2004-2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.