Sudoku and 17 Sudoku variants including: Killer, Sandwich, Arrow, Thermo, Palindrome, Jigsaw, Windoku, Kropki, XV, Greater-than, Bishop and more
The Logic-Wiz game comes in a Classic Sudoku format as well as 17 Sudoku variants: Killer, Sandwich, Palindrome, Thermo, Arrow, XV, Consecutive, Non-consecutive, Diagonal, Chess King, Chess Knight, Bishop, Reflection, Kropki, Greater-than, Windoku and Jigsaw. New variants are coming Soon: Quadruple, Slingshot, German Whispers and Slow Thermo.
Each variant challenges your logic and develops your brain in a different way.
The variants are divided into 8 zones. Each zone has core variants, some of which appear in all the boards of the zone.
However, boards in a zone may also include variants which are not part of the core. Each zone has 5 levels of difficulty: Beginner, Easy, Medium, Hard, and Expert. Logic-Wiz frequently adds new boards, variants, and zones.
Logic-Wiz Sudoku zones:
1. Classic - this Zone includes Classic Sudoku games with no variants.
2. Logic Lane - Logic Lane zone includes 3 core variants: Palindrome, Reflection and Thermo Sudoku.
3. Excalibur - Excalibur core variant is Arrow Sudoku.
4. Queen's Gambit — Queen's Gambit zone includes 7 core variants: Consecutive, Non-consecutive, Diagonal, Chess King, Chess Knight, Bishop and Kropki Sudoku.
5. Jigsaw - Jigsaw core variant is Jigsaw(Irregular) Sudoku. Jigsaw is a premium zone.
6. Killer - the core variant is Killer Sudoku.
7. Sandwich - the core variant is Sandwich Sudoku.
8. Wild West - Wild West zone includes 3 core variants: Windoku, XV and Greater-than Sudoku.
9. Solve Your Own - Enter a board from a magazine or create your own Sudoku Board.
* Zone list is ordered in the order you played the zones. The last zone you played is the first in the list.
Once you choose a zone and a difficulty level, the quest begins. At each point of time, you can play 10 boards, once you finish a board additional board will become available for you to play. Every time you complete ten boards, you win a medal. We hope you enjoy our game.
* 18 Sudoku Variants: Classic, Killer, Sandwich, Palindrome, Thermo, Consecutive, Non-consecutive, Diagonal, Arrow, Kropki, XV, Reflection, Jigsaw, Greater-than, Windoku, Bishop, Chess King & Chess Knight.
* Thousands of beautifully handcrafted boards.
* New variants and boards are added occasionally.
* Multiple variants on a single board.
* Multiple difficulty levels from beginner to expert.
* Unique solution to each puzzle.
* All boards designed and created by Logic-Wiz.
* Smart Hints to help and teach.
* Gallery game view.
* Play multiple quests & games concurrently.
* Cloud Sync - Synchronize your progress over multiple devices.
* Keep Screen Awake.
* Light and Dark Theme.
* Sticky digit mode.
* Filter by your favorite variants.
* Remaining cells of a digit.
* Select multiple cells at once.
* Select multiple cells at distributed locations of the board.
* Multiple pencil marks styles.
* Double notation.
* Auto remove pencil marks.
* Highlight matching digits and pencil marks.
* Multiple error modes.
* Performance tracking for each puzzle.
* Statistics and Accomplishments.
* Unlimited Undo/Redo.
* Various cell marking options- highlights and symbols
* Combinations Panel for Killer and Sandwich boards.
* Track and improve solving time.
* Board preview.
* Eight playing zones.
* In Progress Icon - Easy resumption of unfinished boards.
* Mobile Phones and Tablets.
Hello Wizzers, We are very excited about this new release. Many new features in this release. Five new Language: Bulgarian, Turkish, Bengal, Finnish & Czech - thank you Ilia-Presiyan Georgiev for the help with the translation. Thank you Gabi P. for bringing our German version to a new level.
- Czech - Thank you Tereza Konášová.
- Turkish - Thank you Sinan Tuncay.
- Bengali - Thank you Sazzad Hossain.
- Finnish - Thank you Tilja.
- Bulgarian - Thank you Ilia-Presiyan Georgiev.
- Thank you also to Gabi P. and Serena R. for improving our German and Italian translation.
In this Version:
- New Premium Variant: Windoku
- New playing zone: Wild West:, core variants: Windoku, XV and Greater-than. In the future we'll add to this zone additional core variants: Slingshot, Quadruple and a few surprise variants.
- Dark theme for the entire product, activated from the setting menu.
- Double tap on a cell to convert the last pencil mark into a digit.
- Fill 1-9 pencil marks for the entire board.
- Select multiple cells diagonally.
- New Language: Bulgarian.
- New beautiful boards in all zones and levels.
- Various enhancements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Hands down best sudoku app
I don’t normally review apps, but honestly this is the absolute best sudoku app I’ve tried, especially for all the variations out there. There’s tons of different puzzles using all sorts of combinations of variations on sudoku, and the developers add new variations now-and-then to keep things fresh, including ‘challenges’ for special events and holidays.
The app does a good job explaining the rules for the different puzzle variations and these tips are always just a button press away when working a puzzle.
They also give you a fairly wide set of tools to help solve puzzles. Pencil marks, coloring, helpers for sandwich and killer variants, and more. I’ve always felt like I’ve had every tool I think I need (and some I didn’t know I needed) when solving puzzles. And just like variants, it seems like the devs introduce new tools now and then to help players along.
The hint system is fantastic. It doesn’t just fill in a cell for you, it tries to explain _why_ you would put that number there, helping you learn more of the logic behind the puzzles.
This was one of those apps that I absolutely did not mind paying for to remove ads and shoot some money to the devs. They’ve done a fantastic job, and I’ve lost more hours than I can count doing puzzle after puzzle in this app.
Thanks for a great sudoku experience!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for a really great review. It is very much appreciated and really helps us out.
Top sudoku app by far
I've used the sudoku app with 1.3M downloads, cracking the cryptic's classic sudoku app, and this one. Before last week, CTC was my favorite app - but once the devs pushed out an update to long press to select multiple cells, this app has become the top sudoku app with the best UI, especially with that new feature being combined with double notation (two different sets of notes you can label your sudoku with where most apps only allow one).
Otherwise, all the puzzles look to be handcrafted, so unlike computer generated puzzles (which is what the main sudoku app seems to do), there's typically a very logical path to solving the puzzles, and it feels great when you figure it out.
Overall best sudoku app on the App Store, super underrated. Give it time and marketing and hope this app gets more recognition!
I used to love this app. It was far and away my favorite sudoku app, but after the recent update it’s far more stressful to use than fun. Most of the “errors” I make are just misclicks in which I tap the wrong cell or number by mistake, but I’m being punished for this while solving. This “feature” does not make me better at the game. Why would I be playing a sudoku app in my spare time if I were just going to solve the puzzle by correcting displayed errors? I understand that I could change the settings to check for errors less frequently, but I would prefer to know if I made a true error immediately rather than after I’ve filled half the board with mistakes. I do not mind the ads, as I know the devs need to make money for their work. However, these could just play between puzzles instead of ruining the in-game experience. I am also not willing to pay the ridiculous repeating subscription fee to return to the previous state of the free app I once loved. I hope these mistakes are fixed, but until then I will be looking for a new sudoku app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review.
First, one of the error settings, handles situation of errors resulting from a slip of fingers... look at the settings!
Second, You have 6 errors!!! before the game is over. In our opinion after 6 errors on a single game, whether you watch an ad or not, the game lost any 'sporting value'.
Third, The is a lifetime payment option.
In any case, we are sorry to see you leave.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 130.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Logic Wiz
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Monthly $1.99
- Premium Lifetime $15.99
- Premium Annual $9.49
- Premium Lifetime Promotion $19.99
- Premium Quarterly $3.99
- Premium Lifetime Special $12.99