Read the Bible and make use of commentaries and reading plans. You can save any book or Bible you own for offline use. Get free resources when you download the app and sign in, and do better Bible study with exclusive Logos Bible study tools.
Read your favorite Bible translations: we have a variety of options including the NIV, ESV, NASB, NKJV, and many more.
• SAVED LAYOUTS (Logos 8 only) - Save your favorite study layouts so you can return to them later with a few taps.
• TABBED BROWSING - Open as many resources or Bibles as you want side by side.
• REFERENCE SCANNER - Take a picture of a church bulletin or handout using Reference Scanner and the app will open your preferred Bible version to all the verse references.
• LIBRARY - Downloading this app gives you access to up to 95 free resources to kick off your Bible study. In addition, all your Logos books will sync to your device so you can read them on the go.
• NOTES - Attach your thoughts, comments, and questions to any Bible verse or book. The Notes feature has been updated for Logos 8 customers.
• HIGHLIGHTING - Mark the words that matter with fully customizable color and text options and return to them at any time.
• BIBLE WORD STUDY - Learn more about any word in the Bible by examining dictionaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
• PASSAGE GUIDE - Get a detailed, verse-specific report including Bible commentaries, cross-references, literary typing, and media resources.
• TEXT COMPARISON - Compare any verse across multiple translations with visual and percentage indicators of difference.
• SPLIT SCREEN - Delve into any secondary resource side by side with your preferred translation.
• SEARCH - Find every mention of a word or phrase in every resource in your library.
• SOCIAL SHARING - Share Bible verse images with Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, and Email.
• READING PLANS - Get into daily reading with several Bible reading plans to choose from.
• AUDIO BOOKS - Listen to the Bible wherever you are.
Find training for the app at https://www.logos.com/training/ios.
This app contains optional subscriptions called the Bible Study Bundle and Faithlife Connect Mobile.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
* Fixed a potential crash when creating clippings.
* Fixed an issue when creating new prayers that prevented the prayer note text from being saved.
* Fixed an issue that prevented long-press options for opening references in notes.
* On iOS 13 devices, setting the preferred application language in System Settings is preserved for more than just the first app launch.
* On tablets, when opening View Settings from a resource, provide a back button to return to other resource actions.
* Other bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The Logos Bible! Getting better but can always improve.
The dev team is awesome. They are really working hard to making this app a great study and resource tool. The app is getting a lot more user friendly and easier to study. It is not the desktop app but it is getting there. I use the app more than I use the desktop app. The one thing I would love for the dev team to work on would be the note taking functionality. The app makes you leave your reading and takes you off to a different screen. Would it be possible to have notes in a tab? Also it would be nice to know when you created a note so you can reference back when you created it for reference. It would be nice to have the note with the date on the side of the note. Other than that this app surpasses every other bible App in the App Store when it comes to bible study and accessing a huge library of resources. Nothing else has the tremendous amount of resources as Logos does. You have to try it to believe it. The Logos team just keep out doing themselves. The app keeps getting better with every release. Do not hesitate to get this app.
Developer Response ,
I'm glad you like the app! You may be pleasantly surprised at some changes to notes coming this year :)
This software has very useful tools to help with biblical studies, not to mention an amazing selection of content. On average the content is more expensive than the print counterparts, but because of the tagging used to link the resource content to bible studies (the useful tools I mentioned earlier) I think it is worth it. I have only been using for about a month and am very grateful for this app.
I will say the Mac desktop version is easier and more intuitive than the Mac IOS apps. Some of that I’m sure is because of the screen sizes but even on my 11 in IPad Pro, I prefer Olive Tree for user interface and ease of use. I have been using the Olive Tree app for almost 2 years now, so maybe once i am more familiar with the Logos iOS app, I will feel differently. Once problem I have for sure with the iOS app is my new resources sometimes are not available right away it took 3 days for an audio book to show up, and my TDNT still does not show up and that was included in the first package I bought about a month ago.
Still over all I am very grateful for the obvious time and effort put into building this app. I would recommend for any serious biblical studies and again in my opinion the desktop app is superior to any of the other programs I’ve used, and it’s certainly handy to have my cont available on a hand held device or on the go.
Lots of Tabs - Poor Instructions on Usage
I have used Logos "Diamond" level desktop version 7 for the past eight years and have no complaints about its resources or functionality.
However, I cannot say the same for this “new” iPad tab version app and its functionality. Compared to the previous version, which I have used during the last two years, Faithlife has failed to forewarn users of such sudden changes in its software, nor has it provided adequate information or instruction for previous version users to migrate to this new design. How unfortunate and yes, I did review those “Speedy Gonzales videos. What a waste of programming time with absolutely no real instructional substance. I was blindsided from one day to the next when I opened the app and found you I am now ignorant on how to get from one aspect of the program to another.
You got it! I am not happy with Faithlife’s sudden approach in forcing current users to learn a new way of navigating its app software, without adequate warning. At the very least, Faithlife could have given current users the option of remaining with the old navigation menus that are engrained in one’s mind and then allow users to switch once better “tab” menu instructions are available.
David Zachary, MTS
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that you've had some trouble with the new app. Unfortunately, we can't really announce new versions of the app before we ship them. However, I'd love to hear how we could have done a better job with our instructional videos.
What kinds of videos/content would you like to see in the future?
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Faithlife Corporation
- 166.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software
- In-App Purchases
- ESV Hear the Word Audio Bible
- Bible Study Bundle $3.99
- Faithlife Study Bible
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.