Lokate 3 is a purpose-driven application designed to streamline GPS track recording for SAR (Search & Rescue) missions specifically for canine handlers and their canine. Lokate provides canine team specific functions no other app does and functions seamlessly alongside 3rd party GPS tracking software like CalTopo, allowing you to focus solely on your assigned tasks. Lokate 3 is especially valuable for documenting the tracks of you and your K9 partner during missions or training sessions.
During missions, quick access to critical information is paramount. To facilitate this, Lokate offers a Heads-Up Display (HUD) that hovers above the map, providing immediate access to seven essential parameters. These parameters can be tailored to display crucial details, including your current position, travel speed, travel heading, altitude, distance and heading to the assignment area, distance traveled, and time spent on the mission assignment.
Imported data such as Area, Path and Marker information can be shown as overlays and your assigned Area clearly marked and tracked with positional data giving you positional awareness in the overall mission plan.
- Map navigation styles: fixed, North-up, heading up
- Map styles: street, satellite.
- Map Item overlays including Area, Path, Markers.
- Map features HUD (heads up display) area showing pertinent location and mission information
- Record handler’s position with configurable accuracy.
- Record found clues; position marked, text or images may be recorded with clue.
- Images are kept in secure storage with Lokate and meta data includes position and heading when taken.
- “Active Area” tracks your position and distance to or within assignment area.
- Import GPX, geoJSON data from 3rd party applications.
- Create handler or canine track from imported data.
- Create training logs using configurable templates
- Share log templates
- Export track data to geoJSON for import in 3rd party applications.
- Export log data to CSV for import in spreadsheets
- Support of Apple Watch; shows your Active Area position, take a marker position.
- Night vision “red filter” support.
- Adaptive scalable parameters show values with relevant precision.
fix: potential crash when starting named assignment without cellular connection.
fix: exporting data may not have attachment when assignment has date as name.
fix: SARTopo sometimes fails to export elevation/timestamp data, Lokate now handles this better.
improved: Assignment list now sorts newest to oldest.
Ratings and Reviews
This is what I was looking!
I’ve been using this program for a while now. It’s stable and very well designed. It started off as a really good tool for search and rescue, I have a trailing dog. But with each new upgrade, the programmer seems to recognize the challenges and importance of quality mapping/information while on missions. I have used other programs in the past, and I find that I no longer. This program seems to have it all. Love it!
Lokate is great and for $4 it’s a simple decision to purchase. It’s an excellent investment in getting the most out of trainings.
Finally, an app for K9s and SAR
The developer’s focus to make this app more and more K9 focus is great. Finally we have something for us dog folks. Still rough around the edges but already useful to record handler data. The 3D map capability has helped me gain terrain understanding quicker and better than I can get from SARTopo. The app works in paralllel with SARTopo so you don’t have to decide one or the other. Developer has said we’ll soon get training logs! Can’t wait to see the next version.
Simple and purposeful
Simple app, does exactly what it is supposed to do. I wish more developers take this approach and make single purpose apps instead of bloated ones, nice!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- intellecy inc.
- 4.7 MB
- Requires iOS 16.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.3 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015-2023 intellecy inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.