Unlock the rich history of London’s finest contemporary and historic architecture. Discover iconic masterpieces and hidden gems with photography and forthright commentary on over 1,100 buildings by renowned architecture critics, Edward Jones and Christopher Woodward. Explore the capital's best buildings by period, type and architect with this unrivalled and intuitive tool for locals and visitors alike.
Includes essays about the history of London’s architecture and event listings of upcoming talks and walking tours around the city.
- An interactive map of London’s best buildings
- A critical text and photography for each entry
- Upcoming design events and walking tours around London
- Bookmark favourite buildings for reference later
- Essays about the history and future of London
- Regular updates as new buildings are added
Published by the Architecture Foundation in partnership with Brockton Capital
- Improved map speed and design
- Improved search interface and results filtering
- New 'View in Map' functionality
- In-app control of push notifications
- Improved events listings and writing sections
Ratings and Reviews
I would certainly purchase this, even if it was not a free app. For years, I have bought books to discover which building I was passing by, and this app resolves all the hassle. It is by far one of the best apps out there for London enthusiasts.
Perfect for discovering buildings not on guides
Spent a week in London and this app was an amazing resource for discovering great architecture not covered in the guides. Simple interface and great descriptions. I used it to plan my routes between major sites or discovering what else of interest was nearby. Highly recommended.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.