Looksee AR for London, England, is an Augmented Reality (AR) viewer used to find places of interest directly on your phone camera's screen and add fun, knowledge and interest to your adventures and tours.
Ideal for both tourists and locals wishing to explore and find out more about their surroundings and beyond: whether by foot, bicycle,car, taxi or Uber!
It's simple to use - you just point and go! It includes a choice of Map or Satellite Image in view and a Search function to help locate things.
Once downloaded no wi-fi or cellular network is necessary, so you can use when out and about in London and its suburbs, even when there is no or poor signal coverage.
This version is for London and locates places in and around London City Center and the wider London Area. It reaches a rectangle stretching around the M25 from Slough in the West to Gravesend in the East, and Watford in the North to Leatherhead in the South. In total an area of over 3,000 km2.
All towns and areas within the region are covered including: Bromley, Camden, Chelsea, Croydon, Dartford, Ealing, Fulham, Gravesend, Hounslow, Kingston, London City, Richmond, Romford, Twickenham and Westminster.
In fact there are around 15,000 places of interest viewable within the App including Tower Bridge, Big Ben, the London Eye, the O2 Arena and many other scenes not only along the Thames but everywhere within all of the Greater London area.
Categories that can be viewed and selected include Tourist Attractions, Hills, Lakes, Parks & Woodlands, Cities, Towns, Suburban Areas, Villages & Hamlets, Cafes, Restaurants, Cafes, Airports, Train & Major Bus Stations, Municipal Buildings, Places of Worship, Historic Sites and Museums & Arts.
Some of the helpful Looksee features include:
- Interactive objects (that you can touch for more information on them)
- Magic EYE (to declutter the visuals and select only objects within)
- Satellite or Map image in view (can select which or disable completely)
- Search menu (with on-screen directional arrow and indicator graphics)
- Filters menu (using which the categories of points of interest you wish to display can be easily filtered out or selected)
- Distance slider (for an interactive depth of view filter up to 10km)
- Zoom (using an on screen pinch to zoom gesture)
- Snap-shot camera (for annotating your photos)
- Video recorder for saving and sharing interesting places on social media (accessed by holding the camera icon for 1 second)
- Radar view of everything around you on map (hold face down)
So please enjoy adding interest to your London outdoor adventures!
Updated to Latest iOS 13.2.3
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- OBJEXS LIMITED
- 77.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2017-2019 Objexs Limited
- In-App Purchases
- View All Categories $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.