*** cityscouter.com travel guides earned first place in connect magazine’s test of 12 travel guides, beating the likes of Marco Polo, Merian Scout and Beeloop! ***
There are many travel guides available for the iPhone/iPad, but here is what sets cityscouter.com guides apart from the rest:
• Designed to be used OFFLINE. All articles, events, transport and maps can be viewed without an internet connection.
• Augmented Reality - look through the camera on your device and see all the attractions around you!
• An up-to-date events guide: Update when you have an internet connection, and hundreds of upcoming events such as concerts, theatre, sporting events, festivals and more will be stored on your device. Updates occur regularly so your guide will never be behind.
• Fully zoomable, offline maps that shows your location and points of interest around you (your location is shown on the map). If a travel guide doesn’t have a map, it’s as good as useless.
• Professionally written content by locals who know the city well, and not just content taken from Wikipedia like so many other guides.
• Major transport lines and stations are stored in the guide. You can view the lines/stations on a map, or find the nearest station to you or any attractions with just a few taps.
• Hundreds of points of interest (all searchable) detailing attractions, museums, hotels, bars and cafes, nightlife and more with opening hours, pictures and prices.
• Add your own points of interest and plan your trip with the itinerary builder.
• Facebook integration so you can show your friends where you've been. Take photos, make an album and upload it.
• A tours section where you can book trips relevant to your stay.
• Live hotel booking that compares multiple hotel providers to ensure that you always get the best deal.
• Full iPad compatibility as well as iPhone and iPod Touch.
• English, Czech, Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish and Chinese languages are supported for the travel guide content (event section is mostly in English).
Read below for more information:
The cityscouter.com London travel guide is the perfect companion during your time in the city. It is designed to be used offline so you can avoid expensive roaming fees.
Our guides are professionally written and have a huge amount of information about everything this city has to offer. Using your device’s location services, you can also always see what points of interest are around you at any time.
The events guide includes hundreds of upcoming events, and is regularly updated. Just click the update button when you have an internet connection, and the events will be stored on your device for offline use.
Not only do we have information on hundreds of hotels, but you can check availability and even book online if you haven’t yet found accommodation (internet connection required). The travel guide scours the internet and compares multiple providers of hotels to ensure that you always get the best price.
The most important thing to figure out when you arrive in a new city is the transport system. That’s why we’ve included information on all major transport points and lines. These are all viewable on a map, and the "Nearby stations" feature makes it easy to determine where the closest transport is to your current location.
Other features include the built in currency converter (converts 45 of the world’s top currencies), a "Want to visit" list where you can mark the attractions you want to see, and a review/notes section.
cityscouter.com Travel Guides are available for over 80 cities world wide. Just search iTunes for "cityscouter" to see them all!
• New Augmented Reality Feature!
• Apple Watch support
• Higher resolution and better quality maps
• Facebook integration so you can show your friends where you've been. Photo integration as well!
• A tours section where you can book trips relevant to your stay.
• Updatable user reviews.
• Easier to read layout and fonts
• Some minor bug fixes
Please email us at email@example.com if you experience any problems with this update. We always love to hear your feedback to make our apps better!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I used this app constantly last week while in London. I had downloaded a few but found this to be the most useful. Make sure you download the full content including the maps. Most helpful was the city map and what's great is that the GPS works even when you are not connected to wifi or data.
The information about tube stops near sites is helpful and even though the info about tourist sites is limited to wiki info, it's still helpful.
Rather than carrying a book or a map, carry your iphone and look less like a tourist.
Great useful app, few improvements needed
This app is incredibly useful and easy to use- vert worth the money. Love that it has hours of operation and travel directions and that you can even set an itinerary. It's also great that it's offline and has maps of the city and tube. We were able to look up info while on the tube. If a couple things are updated it would be 5 stars. It would be great if I could remove things from my itinerary and put them back on my"want to see" list without a date. Also would like to be able to add events to my itinerary. Bus tours should be included in searchable attractions. City bus lines/maps would be useful. Plus some events listed were not accurate despite updating before we left home. Overall a great app and travel guide.
Buy this, even if you have another source
We recently traveled to London and Rome and I bought the app for both cities. I also bought two guides which helped me plan the overall trip, but what this app offered was the ability to download maps offline and find great little restaurants, bars, pubs and places of interest based on a location you're at.
For example, we would go to the tower of London, and use this app to find reviews for restaurants in the area. We did the same in Rome, plan to visit a landmark using the guides we bought and then use this app to find other things lose to our location.
Not having to be connected to the Internet is great and being able to finds almost anything based on your location is even better.
In London, we also found the Underground Map a great resource and again, we could download it to view without Internet connection.
- cityscouter GmbH
- 1.3 GB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 cityscouter GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.