Taking inspiration from music creation tools, using Looom feels more like playing an instrument than operating software - exploring lines, shapes and colors through loopable time and rhythm. Looom is all about looping animation with a smile. It was designed for professionals and beginners of any age and is already being used by some influential indie animators.
A delightful environment to learn, experiment, practice and create drawn animation.
Wonderfully musical, Next-gen dynamic non-destructive workflow.
No first frame or last. Looom’s threads are independent in length and speed, always tweak-able.
Lets you go as deep or as far as you want thanks to a completely resolution-independent vector engine.
Looom uses SVG as it’s native file format. Your work can be viewed in browsers and opened in desktop animation software.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Different is good
This thing is so cool. If you are looking to shock and amaze your friends with minimal effort, look no further - Looom is freaky and wonderful. Definitely the kind of program that will push you in weird directions. I really enjoy the interface, and I want to use this in a project so bad, but... I need better FPS control. Specifically, right now I need 7 and 14 FPS as options (I’m a musician matching a BPM). I would love to have all the integers up to a point, and maybe even 32 frames per layer, so I can do 32nd notes. Guys, seriously, this app already feels like a sequencer for my synths. Just a little more flexibility would go such a long way. I want to give it five stars so bad. Maybe even just an “advanced” mode that you can turn on and off in settings could be used to implement a few more options while avoiding extra clutter for those who just want a toy. Anyway, I think this app is doing something interesting, and it might even be super useful to you, depending on the context. Keep your fingers crossed for me.(come on, guys... ;)
Really fun to play with
This is an amazing app and you can do a lot of amazing things with it. I love that you can squiggle in real time or so frame by frame animation. It’s just missing a few features that keep it from being fully functional for my needs:
1. Select color by hex value (or import external color palettes some how)
2. Color picker tool.
3. Image import. It would be amazing if I could import an image to use as reference. If I could sketch an idea in Procreate, then bring that idea in Looom and retrace it as a key frame, that would be amazing.
4. Export video as a seamless gif or movie. You can export video, but it’s a little tricky to create a perfect loop from that video.
Great animation playground!
It’s a really nice and easy animation tool! Very intuitive and fun!!
Anyone can be very creative with this app. It’s a nice playground but you can also create great professional animations quickly.
Thanks to the developer for releasing this as a premium app without subscriptions.
I’d like to see more improvements though:
[Update: Eraser has been added! Yay!]
1. The current export flow is broken. I have to connect iPad to Mac, open Finder, go to Files tab, expand Looom, wait for seconds to be loaded, open another Finder window, and have to copy the entire Weaves folder to my drive. There should be an export feature within the app. So that I can easily share an animation to another app, save to iCloud drive or Airdrop to my Mac.
2. Simpler video export. The manual screen recording can be versatile, but automatically exporting a video with a few full-loops under current view point would be awesome.
3. More editing tools! With tools like duplicating a frame / move or zoom a layer or a frame / cut or copy & paste, our creative flow can be much more quicker and easier. (Imagine having those tools to create some works like the Lucky example and Paterson’s example on the web). I know you will find a nice way to add more tools without messing up the simplicity of the app :)
4. It drains the battery! I’d love to spend more time with Looom. Would you improve the performance please?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.