Loop any sound anywhere.
Plug your headphones into your iPhone and wander in the streets to catch noises, voices, and horns. The app is continuously recording sounds around you and automatically generates loops. Those loops are processed in real time by granular effects that transform them on the fly. To get a sense of what the recording will sound like when immersed in a track, you can import and play your own premade beat. Once you’re happy with it, you can export the loop to incorporate it into a larger DAW-based project.
- Designed exclusively for iPhone and iPad
- Slick native UI
- Continuous recording of the surrounding sounds
- Loops generated from the recordings, automatically updated each four bars
- Four different effect sets to sculpt the generated loops in real time
- Effects based on granular synthesis
- Importation of drum loops from iCloud, Dropbox, AudioCopy, AudioShare, Mail, Airdrop and more to get an sense of the generated loops in a full audio track context
- Touchable amplitude envelope to easily shape the sound
- Sound export in .wav format
- batch export of audio loops
- fix: bad stereo balance
- fix: stability issues
Ratings and Reviews
I really like this app. After decades of reading manuals, spending hours learning interfaces, etc., it is so refreshing when I stumble upon software/app that is just straightforward and simple. It does what it does well, without tons of confusing options.
Within 5 minutes I understood all of the options of the app, had my headphones on and was having fun sampling tv commercials from the tv and trying the different effects. Then transferred to AudioShare for later use. Files save with bpm in name which will be useful for later.
Fair price for what this is, and glad I took the chance on it. I can see a large unique sample library built quickly by using this app. Outdoor sounds, public speaking, etc. quick and easy, unlike my long review lol.
Fun and Immediate
So fun and So immediate: once you get the hang of it (very quick learning curve) you’ll be making loops nonstop. The UI is a pleasure to use and the parameter controls are incredibly smart. The ability to add your own drum loops as a reference is super useful as is the inclusion of BPM in saved file titles. Don’t hesitate!
Off to a great start!
It’s a great app! I find myself pulling out my phone throughout the day, and creating batches of loops randomly. It’s fascinating. A couple of future requests, batch export would be super helpful! Also more control over the FX chains and signal routing would be awesome. And I know this request goes above and beyond your initial design, but what would be amazing, is if there were a way to re-sample a loop inside the app itself, similar to the koala app.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Quentin Houben
- 62.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Quentin Houben
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.