As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon -- Create music with Loopy HD by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile looper that totally reinvents the formula.
-- “This is the best loop station on the iPhone” -- Dub FX (dubfx.net)
-- “I pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.” -- J. Alan Meier
-- “If you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.” -- Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer
-- “Loopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone we’ve seen to date” -- iOS Recording
Compatible with the Audiobus app: Record and loop live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD & LAYER
- Six, nine, or twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
- Robust MIDI clock receive and send, and support for Ableton Link.
IMPORT & CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated audio copy and paste.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE & TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM & SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips.
- Share audio with many other audio apps with audio copy and paste.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org or https://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
Fixed a crash caused by audio session changes during transitions to/from background suspension
Ratings and Reviews
Best Looper Ever (Still)
Sorry wanted to counter some of the hate this app has gotten - so a heads up - this is my second review.
This is still the best looper on the market - whether you're talking hardware or software. To those who find it difficult to understand / interact with - please look into the myriad midi mapping options this app offers! You can control almost every single parameter via custom mappings - turning this into a ridiculously strong hardware looper.
I think the biggest learning curve for this app is understanding how the various loops are synced - and the sync settings themselves are highly configurable so that can add another layer of confusion. I love turning off the automatic loop length setting, allowing you to make loops on the fly of any length (that's a multiple of the initial loop) - this way everything stays in sync (when you close a loop loopy will wait to the next appropriate end - can be set to a beat or a bar) but you don't necessarily have to know how long the loop will be in advance (this is actually a very rare feature in loopers - many loopers will let you set an initial loop length and then that's it for all other subsequent loops).
Anyways you only get out of this app what you put in and it does require some learning to understand the workflow, but trust me when I say that this is hands down the best looper out there (well you don't have to trust me but you can if you want, idk y'all do you).
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much! =)
I’ve been using loopy for a while now to create quick harmonies on the go. What I love about it is how quickly I can see if an idea works just by singing and recording the parts in a few minutes. The app has some more advanced features that allow you to crate complex time signatures and setting that up takes a bit more time. But it’s also very easy to use the more standard features, which is great. I use mostly the app on the iPad, I guess I prefer it because of the size, but I’ve used the app on the phone a few times and it worked fine as well. I wish I could sync the libraries between my devices, I’m not aware if this feature exists. The other feature I’d love to have is an easy way to share the recordings (e.g by email, instagram or whassap) directly from within the app. All in all a great, easy to use app! Thanks for creating it and keep up the good work :)
Developer Response ,
Thanks heaps! And cheers for the feedback. I’ll be adding iCloud sync at some stage - you can already share recordings though, by tapping the export icon on the recordings screen (it looks like a box with an arrow coming out).
There is a learning curve for sure ... but the things you can do one you’ve found your right settings? Wow. I run my choir with it — being able to play parts for learning, or support. I use it as a quick scratch pad for choral composition ideas. I use it to get better at hearing polyrhythms (you can reset the key signature during an existing session and use the metronome to hear the new rhythm.) And paring with a midi controller like the Korg nanoKontrol Studio, or 2 ... gives faders/knobs control for 12 tracks, plus effects tweaks, etc. My friends and I share sessions to add parts to each other’s recordings. It’s great. It’s not perfect. My wishlist includes an undo feature, the ability to search sessions, midi mapping to change time signature, and a midi setting to move through panel pages. But even without those, it’s still such a great app, and a serious bargain at the price!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- A Tasty Pixel
- 29.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, German, Italian, Japanese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 A Tasty Pixel Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.