As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon -- Create music with Loopy by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
See also Loopy HD for iPad!
-- “This is the best loop station on the iPhone” -- Dub FX (dubfx.com)
-- “I pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.” -- J. Alan Meier
-- “If you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.” -- Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer
-- “Loopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone we’ve seen to date” -- iOS Recording
Now compatible with Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronises beat, phase and tempo between Ableton Live and compatible apps over WiFi, or between apps on the same device. http://ableton.com/link
Compatible with the Audiobus app: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD AND LAYER
- Up to twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
IMPORT AND CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated MAPI AudioPaste, with support for Intua general pasteboard format.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE AND TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM AND SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips (with automatic conversion to compressed AAC audio).
- Share audio with many other audio apps with MAPI AudioCopy.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Note: Loopy is a demanding application that requires an iPhone 3Gs and newer, or iPod Touch 3rd generation (with headset recommended) or newer to run well. Older devices are not recommended for use with Loopy.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at email@example.com or http://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
Fixed an issue when importing audio from other apps
Ratings and Reviews
Monitoring is not compatible with Bluetooth headphones
When I tried to record with any Bluetooth device, monitoring was always one beat behind. It doesn't work to be singing and playing while having the sound come in a beat late. It drove me crazy because I love playing around with this app but I can't with any of my good microphones. Also, I accidentally purchased both apps and I wish there was a return policy lol. I am a cheapskate and don't want two apps that I had to buy that do the same exact thing... Other than those complaints, I think it is a fun app to mess around on and create small compositions.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble - unfortunately, Bluetooth is just that way; it's a very high latency audio system, and not suitable for live use (this is why it took me so long to even enable it in Loopy, because I knew people would have trouble like this). It's better to use wired headphones. Do a Google search for App Store refund to find out how to get refunds.
This is a nice alternative for a guitar looper. I can record loops and practice and it have some complex rhythms if you wish to explore odd meters etc. it is possible to create an advanced loop but it is not as intuitive so I still need to explore that. I’m wondering if you can loop a song that has two separate meters? We shall see.
I’ve been using Loopy to make little musical snapshots of my life over the past few years. Can scroll through my loops to revisit college days, trips to Montreal, whatever. Easily my favorite app on my phone. Thanks for putting so much heart into it.
- A Tasty Pixel
- 22 MB
Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Italian, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 A Tasty Pixel Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.