Free update installable on Apple Silicon Mac
If you have already purchased this App on your iOS device, you can install it on your Apple Silicon Mac for free.
Lorentz is a resonator-based, AUv3-compatible analog modeling synthesizer that can create metallic and distorted sounds.
# Synthesizer Engine
Unstable and fluctuating oscillators have unisonable sawtooth waves, pulse width modulated square waves, sub square waves and noise. You can mix these waveforms at the same time. The filter has a self-oscillating resonance.
# Universal App
This product is compatible with iPad, iPhone, and Apple Silicon Mac.
Please note that it is not compatible with Macs with Intel CPUs.
# Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3)
This product supports only AUv3 plug-in format. You can use this AUv3 Plug-In in a host application that supports AUv3.
- Note that depending on the parameter settings, loud sound may be produced.
- This product can be installed on iPad, iPhone, and Mac computers with Apple silicon (M1, M2). It is an iPad and iPhone app that can run on Mac computers with Apple silicon. It cannot be installed on Mac computers with Intel CPUs.
- This product supports only AUv3 plug-in format. Other plug-in formats are not supported. It can be used with AUv3-compatible DAWs.
- This product is not suitable for the purpose of accurately reproducing the sound of acoustic instruments or other synthesizers. It has been developed with a focus on creating the sound of this synthesizer itself.
- This product does not support MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression).
- This product mainly contains basic presets that are useful as a starting point for sound creation. Please note that there are no huge amount of presets. Enjoy making sounds.
# More information
More information, videos and manuals are available at: https://icegear.net
- Improved live automation recording to AUv3 Host app.
- Other small fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Core subtractive synth
Regular classic synth sounds. Reason for high rating is this is very efficient, low cpu for most things, which is always an issue on iPad versus laptop.
Another good one
Like all of their synths! Great sounding! Get it now!
Lorentz is a BEAST
I own a LOT of iPad audio apps and well over 30 iOS synths. Of those, there are only a handful I would use for professional recording, such as Moog Model 15, Animoog, Korg ARP Odessei, Nave, and a few others. I would put Lorentz in that elite group. It can sound like a Jupiter 8 or a CS80 or even a 303. The routing is amazing… the filters are top-notch (a full LPF on just the Delay)… and that resonator just fills the sound with harmonics. Lorentz does dark and gritty very well too. It has all the MIDI options needed as well as Link. Did I mention it has dual envelopes? The other IceWorks synths are great too but this is my dog right here.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- iceWorks, Inc.
- 7.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © iceGear
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.