Lorentz - AUv3 Plugin Synth 4+
Analog Modeling Synthesizer
Lorentz is not only an analog modeling synthesizer, but also has a resonator that allows you to create metallic and distorted sounds. This makes it easy to create new synthesizer sounds with a resonator.
Unstable and fluctuating oscillators have unisonable sawtooth waves, pulse width modulated square waves, sub square waves and noise. You can mix these waveforms at the same time. The filter has a self-oscillating resonance.
- This product is compatible with iPads and iPhones, but not compatible with Apple Silicon Macs.
- This product mainly contains basic presets that are useful as a starting point for sound creation. Please note that there are no huge amount of presets. Enjoy making sounds.
# Synthesizer Engine
- Oscillators : Saw, Pulse, Sub, Noise* High Pass Filter
- Low Pass Filter
- 2x Envelope Generator
- Effects : Chorus, Delay
# Programmable Arpeggiator
You can easily create your own pattern.
# Universal App
It is compatible with iPad and iPhone and has multiple screen layouts optimized for different screen sizes.
# Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3)
You can use this AUv3 Plug-In in a host application that supports Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3).
You can stream live audio directly to an Audiobus compatible application. See https://audiob.us for more information.
# Ableton Link
Link is a technology that keeps devices in time over a local network. See https://www.ableton.com/link/ for more information.
# MIDI input
- Core MIDI, Virtual MIDI, Inter-App Audio MIDI Input
- MIDI clock synchronization
- MIDI controller mapping
# Preset sharing
You can share your presets with other users. You can add presets created by other users to your preset library using the iOS Share Extension feature.
# More information
Introductory videos and manuals can be found on the website below.
- The Synthesizer Engine has been fine-tuned for oscillator phases, envelopes, etc. You can revert to the previous Synthesizer Engine in the settings screen. These settings are saved in presets, and different versions of the Synthesizer Engine can be used with each preset.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Core subtractive synth
Regular classic synth sounds. Reason for high rating is this is very efficient, low cpu for most things, which is always an issue on iPad versus laptop.
Another good one
Like all of their synths! Great sounding! Get it now!
Lorentz is a BEAST
I own a LOT of iPad audio apps and well over 30 iOS synths. Of those, there are only a handful I would use for professional recording, such as Moog Model 15, Animoog, Korg ARP Odessei, Nave, and a few others. I would put Lorentz in that elite group. It can sound like a Jupiter 8 or a CS80 or even a 303. The routing is amazing… the filters are top-notch (a full LPF on just the Delay)… and that resonator just fills the sound with harmonics. Lorentz does dark and gritty very well too. It has all the MIDI options needed as well as Link. Did I mention it has dual envelopes? The other IceWorks synths are great too but this is my dog right here.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- iceWorks, Inc.
- 12 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © iceGear
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.