Mobile video security app for Lorex Edge Mini/Edge/Edge Plus DVRs
FREE DDNS Registration required (http://lorexddns.net)
Compatible with Lorex Edge Mini LH304/Edge LH310/Edge Plus LH320 series DVRs
**Edge DVR FIRMWARE upgrade required**
View live security video from your Lorex EDGE MINI, EDGE and EDGE PLUS DVR anywhere, anytime with Lorex Live. View live, full-screen security video from your home security cameras, wireless security cameras, or any other security camera at any time, from where ever you are. Keeping an eye on your home, your kids, or even your pets has never been this easy, or this convenient. Lorex Live - live mobile video surveillance at your fingertips.
BEFORE YOU START:
PORT FORWARD YOUR ROUTER
You must forward (open) ports on your router in order to view your camera on your iPhone. Please refer to your camera's instruction manual for port information and details on how to port forward your router.
IMPORTANT: Every router is different. Please refer to your router's instruction manual for details on port forwarding or contact your ISP if using a combined modem/router.
Register for FREE Lorex DDNS
1. In your browser, go to http://lorexddns.net to register for Lorex's FREE DDNS service. You will receive a Confirmation Email once registration is complete.
2. Enter your Lorex DDNS information in your DVR using DVR NETVIEW (SETUP> DDNS). For complete instructions on registering for Lorex DDNS, please refer to your product's instruction manual.
To use Lorex Live:
1. Visit www.lorextechnology.com to download the latest firmware for your Edge Mini/Edge/Edge Plus DVR and install the firmware to your system.
• If you have a 4 channel Edge Mini/Edge/Edge Plus Series DVR (LH304/314/324), you will need firmware version 7.28.08_1890C or greater
• If you have an 8 or 16 Channel Edge/Edge Plus Series DVR (LH316/318 or LH328/326), you will need firmware version 1.45.10_1890C or greater
2. In your browser, go to http://lorexddns.net to register for Lorex's FREE DDNS service. You will receive a Confirmation Email once registration is complete.
3. Enter the DDNS info from the Confirmation Email in your Edge Mini/Edge/Edge Plus DVR.
4. Download and launch Lorex Live on your iPhone, or iPod touch.
5. Enter your DDNS information in Lorex Live, including the username and password of the Edge Mini/Edge/Edge Plus DVR (default user name: 9; default password: 3333).
6. Touch the Connect button on the top right corner of the screen. The iPhone/iPod touch connects to your DVR and displays a streaming video in a single channel view
Ratings and Reviews
problem with wifi
I keep getting error of the line is full or the app keep crashing. I thought it was the problem with my iOS not being the latest. So I updated iOS and it didn't solve the problem. Then I tried to connect with wifi off and it worked like before. When I turned back wifi on, the app just crashed every time I connect. Besides, the Lorex DDNS doesn't work on web browser and seems like there is no tips around to help troubleshoot.
App no longer working! Help
My app suddenly stopped working. I go to open it and it says "connecting" then it all of a sudden crashes and closes. I also tried it from my Husbands phone and his application does the same thing, I tried contacting technical support and was told the wait was over an hour. frustrating this application is no longer working and you cant get anyone to help you from the company.
Not compatible with new iOS updates....
this app always had crashing issues but got the job done... then about a year ago it stopped working all together as it says the app isn’t compatible with the iOS version and the maker needs to update the app. After many calls of them saying they will be updating soon I’ve had it... I’m done waiting and tired of not being able to remotely view my system... I’m installing a new night owl system... don’t by lorex they don’t stand by there product once they make newer models...
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.