A more powerful app "Total Video Converter Pro" is On Sale. It converts any audio and video to iPad, iPhone, Apple TV... Also Burn Video to DVD.
LosslessTunes is the best choice to convert your lossless songs to iTunes. It converts common lossless audios ( flac, ape, wav, alac, wma) to Apple's own lossless audio format without losing quality. You can play those audios on your Mac or download them to the iOS devices.
* Extremely Easy Operation
All you need to do is dragging your songs into LosslessTunes. It will convert your songs to iTunes automatically.
* Convert Lossless audio formats that iTunes does not support into iTunes
1. Input formats: flac,ape,wav,alac,wma lossless
2.Output formats: Apple Lossless
* Batch Conversion
LosslessTunes supports batch convert numerous files in a short time.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Converts but doesn’t play
I needed to convert music I ripped on my PC but wanted to play on my Mac (in ALAC). The files are .wma (Windows Media Audio), I do not know how to tell if they are WMA or WMA Lossless.
1) I was able to login to the App Store, pay my 99 cents (very reasonable), and download the ‘LosslessTunes’ app
2) I was able to install the app into my applications folder and open it
3) I was able to drag a wma file into the App window and see the conversion process take place without error
4) I was able to see the song automatically be added to my iTunes library - with the correct name, album title, and artwork
5) I was able to do the same for the other files in the same album, they all ended up correctly stored in iTunes
—Note: I would not have known how to do 3,4,5 above without the helpful review by TheRocketeer (Thanks!), there is no help in the App
What didn’t work:
1) When I opend iTunes and double clicked on the album cover (to play the entire album), iTunes crashed
2) When I re-opened iTunes and double clicked on a single song within the first album, iTunes crashed
—At this point I imported a second album using the steps above
3) When I double clicked the song it hung for a moment and then played the next (alphabetic) song in my library (as if it skiped the song I chose)
—At this point I went to my Windows laptop and checked to see if I could play the orginal files in WMP, they played fine.
I can’t recommend this program at this time, but if I’m shown that something is wrong with my procedure, files, or system I will revise my review. I gave it Two Stars because while it didn’t work, I didn’t ‘Hate it’. If it worked the design is quite simple and easy to use, it just doesn’t work.
Took me a while to figure out, but it works!
Other reviewers have not rated this well because they cannot find the files. I couldn’t either, at first. Also, there is no help file or instructions. However, just do what the app says, drag and drop flac files (or other lossless types of files mentioned in the app) and it converts it to an Apple Lossless Audio File “.mp4” format and places it in the appropriate artist and album folder in your iTunes folders. Look for the songs by title or album in iTunes and then right click on it and select “show in finder” and you’ll see that they are indeed there. I only am giving this app a 4 star review, however, because they could have done a better job of explaining the above.
Meanwhile, I’m enjoying some AWESOME lossless music in iTunes!
Only works lossless to lossless
Tried to convert .wma files using this app. This APP requires a specific type of .wma in order to convert. How do I get my money back.. This will not work for what I want to do, even though it states in the description that it will.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.