Need a reliable up-to-date map app for China that shows everything in English/Pinyin/Chinese and can get you anywhere you need to go? Want to ride buses in China but can't read Chinese? Lost Laowai may be just for you!
Get directions for taking buses, trains, subways, and walking - travel around China with confidence!
Lost Laowai brings China's most popular map app used among Chinese people - known as AMap/AutoNavi/高德地图 - to people who have difficulties reading Chinese!
* Search in English, Pinyin, or Chinese as well as view all place names in these 3 forms.
* Get bilingual public transportation and walking directions to any place in China.
* Discover restaurants, entertainment venues, business destinations, and other places useful for foreigners in China.
* Search for English/Pinyin-only addresses.
* Favorite locations and set Home/Work locations for getting directions quickly to places you go to often.
* View China’s most up-to-date map and satellite imagery.
For more information, visit our website: http://lostlaowai.wixsite.com/home
We are now seeking investment and collaboration opportunities to expand the app’s reach in China as well as apply the concept to other languages and countries.
Find your way in China – Download Lost Laowai today!
* The compass is now working! See which direction you're facing so you know which way to walk!
* Removed a pesky Chinese-only language prompt that appears the first time you run the app.
* Added a "safe view wrapper" to the app's screen so that it displays correctly no matter what phone model you're using. (The screen perimeters of some Apple devices are not perfectly rectangular, such as the new iPhone XR where the top notification info bar is divided into two parts by the front camera and mic.)
* General overall speed increase.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fantastic Multi-Lingual App in China!
This app does most of the translating for you so you never need to switch between you translator and your default mapping application to figure out what names mean. If you are looking for something in particular, such as a restaurant, metro or bus station, this will conveniently show you in both English and Chinese. This is a must have tool when visiting China (or even if you are a foreigner like me, just having this for daily use has many benefits).
Can not copy and get info, and text shrinks with zoom
Here are some major flaws:
1. You can not get any info on a building, address, store, location ect.
2. Add you get no info, you can also not copy any building name or such, what would be helpful for DiDi as one example
3. The more you zoom in, three more the words and subplots shrink. Making it impossible to read the Chinese characters
Not useful this app
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.